Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 4:08:37 PM EDT
Which is the better one? Prices seem comparable.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
AGM benefits are onboard recording and wifi, and Bering Optics benefits are proven performer, better warranty, and serviceable. The AGM Rattlers and Taipans are 100% made in China and imported in. AGM totally admits this.  If you have an issue with a Rattler and it is under warranty, most likely they will replace because they don't service them. The issue is what happens when your warranty has expired. I asked this question directly to an AGM rep and he would not respond to that question. The answer appears to be you have an expensive paper-weight.

I have never used a Rattler but from people I have talked to who have tested both side by side seem to say they are fairly close in image, with the Hogster having a little better quality image. I have used a Hogster 35, Phenom, and Super Hogster down to -25F and they worked flawlessly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AGM benefits are onboard recording and wifi, and Bering Optics benefits are proven performer, better warranty, and serviceable. . . who have tested both side by side seem to say they are fairly close in image, with the Hogster having a little better quality image. I have used a Hogster 35, Phenom, and Super Hogster down to -25F and they worked flawlessly.
View Quote

100% Concur.

I'll add that the buttons on the Rattler have a sloppier less positive feel, unintuitive layout and the menu is probably the most cumbersome I can think of having used.

People who have them seem to love them. I know a handful who've ended up with them but I suspect most only own them because there was a real Bering shortage for a few months. That or the couple who are willing to accept the image disparity because they are swayed by decent internal recording.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know where the hogster 35mm is in stock. Wait time from Night Googles?
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 6:58:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: Anyone know where the hogster 35mm is in stock. Wait time from Night Googles?
View Quote
I monitor Arfcom for Night Goggles but I don't work with sales. I know just to be safe they typically quote 6 weeks, but we actually had some in stock for the first time in a long time recently. If you want to order from the website, , send me a PM and I can provide the arfcom member coupon code for a 35. If you want to order via phone, call  909-312-5424 and you can speak to Tom, Program Director at X531 or Carina at ext 331. Make sure to tell them you are an arfcom member so they provide the discount.

FYI, when you order the 35 from Night Goggles, you are not only supporting a site sponsor who can provide you excellent customer service, you also get the $75 upgraded Tactical QD mount on the 35 which other thermal dealers don't supply. On top of all the other great reasons, you receive their 7-day return policy and the arfcom discount already mentioned. Feel free to PM with any questions you may have as there aren't too many people who have spent more time behind Bering thermals in the last few years than I have.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank you. Will be ordering in next 30 days.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted: The issue is what happens when your warranty has expired. I asked this question directly to an AGM rep and he would not respond to that question. The answer appears to be you have an expensive paper-weight.
View Quote

AGM enough said.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#7]
tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top