Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#1]
If I can offer any encouragement, I'd definitely buy in for my .30-30.  You are really on to something here......
Link Posted: 4/11/2011 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Holloway, please don't take this as any criticism, cause you're doing an awesome job on that sidesaddle and I definitely want to buy one when you have them available. Just a thought to possibly make things a little easier on you though. This might not even be feasible. What if you make the shell carrier out of a block of black delrin? or something similar? and use a chamber reamer to cut the shell slots in it? This would eliminate the need to get the metal annodized (except the backing plate, but I'd be happy to get it in the white and finish that part myself). If the shell openings were tapered, you might be able to get away from the O rings. It might not provide enough friction though, I'm not sure. I would think it would be durable enough. I run mesa sidesaddles on my shotguns, but our agency issued shotguns run the tac star saddles. They seem fairly durable. Just a thought. Great work so far, looking forward to being able to buy one of them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2011 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is awesome. I've been wondering if someone would figure out how to make a side saddle to hold centerfire ammo. I have a Marlin 1894S in 44Mag and would love one of these.
Link Posted: 5/5/2011 2:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't posted on this site in awhile because I've been so busy but......DAMN that is awesome!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2011 12:25:45 PM EDT
[#5]
In again. Interested in a 30-30.
Link Posted: 10/16/2011 8:43:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 10/16/2011 9:35:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AbleArcher:
Any updates?

Nope. I've been busy with other projects. I'll start working on it again soon. If y'all are wondering what happen to the pics, my Photobucket account kept getting hacked so I deleted it. I'll try to get the pics back up soon.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:01:08 AM EDT
[#8]
any updates?
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:13:39 AM EDT
[#9]
New to this thread. Saw all the red x's and wondering what everyone was admiring. Looking forward to you putting pics back up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:04:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Sorry guys, no updates yet. I haven't had much free time in the last few
weeks. As for the pictures, my hard drive crashed last week. Most the
the pictures are lost forever. I'll post what I do have later. Nobenz, this thread is about a homemade railed hand guard and sidesaddle for my Marlin 336. I thought this project would be a quick build. Its hard to believe it has been over two years. Having to learn new building techniques and make design changes have slowed me down quite a bit.

Originally Posted By nobenz:

New to this thread. Saw all the red x's and wondering what everyone was admiring. Looking forward to you putting pics back up.

This is the most resent version of the rail and sidesaddle. In the next few weeks I will make a new handguard that is lighter and easier to build. The sidesaddle will be perfected and I have an idea for a new stock. Still thinking about shortening and threading the barrel

Link Posted: 1/7/2012 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Still very nice.
Link Posted: 9/12/2012 7:59:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Holloway:
Sorry guys, no updates yet. I haven't had much free time in the last few weeks. As for the pictures, my hard drive crashed last week. Most the the pictures are lost forever. I'll post what I do have later. Nobenz, this thread is about a homemade railed hand guard and sidesaddle for my Marlin 336. I thought this project would be a quick build. Its hard to believe it has been over two years. Having to learn new building techniques and make design changes have slowed me down quite a bit.
Originally Posted By nobenz:

This is the most resent version of the rail and sidesaddle. In the next few weeks I will make a new handguard that is lighter and easier to build. The sidesaddle will be perfected and I have an idea for a new stock. Still thinking about shortening and threading the barrel

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb473/ironhammer45/marlin336/8486f6f3.jpg

NICE!
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:07:46 AM EDT
[#13]
I want a handguard.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Sorry for the long delays. This past year has been my busiest in a long time. I have not given up on this project. Although, I will not continue working on the side saddle. I have a better idea.
Link Posted: 10/8/2012 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry for the long delays. This past year has been my busiest in a long time. I have not given up on this project. Although, I will not continue working on the side saddle. I have a better idea.

What could it possibly be?!?!?
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Belt fed...the only possibility
Link Posted: 10/11/2012 6:09:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope. Not a belt fed. But I like that idea.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 8:15:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Updates?
Link Posted: 6/8/2013 1:24:58 AM EDT
[#19]
I was just thinking about this thread and could not find it during a search.  To bad about the photographs. This was a cool project.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry guys. This project is pretty much done. I do have an idea for a Marlin 1894 with multiple mag tubes but that's a thread for another day.
Link Posted: 6/10/2013 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Sorry guys. This project is pretty much done. I do have an idea for a Marlin 1894 with multiple mag tubes but that's a thread for another day.

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top