Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2018 7:39:10 PM EDT
Here's something you don't see every day

I got a super cheap is Israli  Full auto trigger pack for my vector. ($10 at a gun show)

Yes I know it's missing the plastic selectors it just kind of broke off I'll order another one, unless you guys have one for free, haha.
Attachment Attached File

So anyway I got my new 45 bolt from Uzi talk and was putting everything together and wanted to function check it,   And fun fact the bolt wouldn't lock back it was just slam forward so in essence I would have a slam firing submachinegun with no way to stop it.

I had some things to do so I put it aside and came home later and took apart and this is what I found.

Attachment Attached File

Cute someone  demilled it by welding one of the legs

So do you think would be safe to just take the Dremel to the weld and do a little Bubba grinding?
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Safe? Sure, no problem.

I would assume the spring got hot when welding, and just plan on replacing it.

While you're at it, replace the sear pin. I expect it's a hardened pin, and welding on/near it can mess up the steel temper.

I had a sear pin break while shooting and it resulted in a runaway. Actually, my 11-year-old daughter was shooting when it happened. She did just right and kept it pointed downrange and rode it out safely.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 9:40:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Safe? Sure, no problem.

I would assume the spring got hot when welding, and just plan on replacing it.

While you're at it, replace the sear pin. I expect it's a hardened pin, and welding on/near it can mess up the steel temper.

I had a sear pin break while shooting and it resulted in a runaway. Actually, my 11-year-old daughter was shooting when it happened. She did just right and kept it pointed downrange and rode it out safely.
View Quote
good idea on ordering the pin and spring!!!

I am glad your daughter did so well!  Mine best friend's daughter was 11 also when she shot my Mk11 Sten for the first time last year. We were going to have her shoot the Uzi too but (MOM) stopped the hard and fast. There is nothing better then the smile of a little blond girl wearing a girl scout t shirt shooting a suppressed sub gun.

I am that cool guy that your parents call Uncle Charlie, even though I am not your real uncle...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top