Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2021 2:30:04 PM EDT
I like everything about this rifle, except the furniture, especially the forearm.

I don't care for the rail at all, I get the direction they're going and innovation is always good.

Has anyone replaced the furniture on these models?

ETA pic
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not just buy a regular non-tactical version?
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing he wants the threaded barrel and pistol grip.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why not just buy a regular non-tactical version?
View Quote

The one he’s asking about is a 17.4” barrel and threaded vs 20” and not.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Exactly
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Exactly
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

I wonder if the pistol caliber X models can take the .45-70 wood stock? It'd be interesting to see how the tang differs from model to model. I want a .44 BB but would prefer a pistol grip stock (long arms, big hands).
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 6:58:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I wonder if the pistol caliber X models can take the .45-70 wood stock? It'd be interesting to see how the tang differs from model to model. I want a .44 BB but would prefer a pistol grip stock (long arms, big hands).
View Quote

I've seen I believe what came from a .410, buttstock seemed to fit fine. Haven't seen anyone mount a wood forearm.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#7]
When they first came out a number of people requested Henry make a regular version of a steel big boy with the side gate Woodstock and a threaded barrel.

Henry said there were a "new things coming "or something similar. That was last year sometime.  

The demand for a standard wood Henry with threaded barrel is significant. I'm surprised I haven't made it already.  I would buy one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 8:10:02 PM EDT
[#8]
RangerPointPrecision has an MLOK forearm. If you’re comfortable taking the Henry way down and knocking a few dovetails out, you can change it yourself. I paid a local smith about $40 to do it for me.

Link Posted: 3/21/2021 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When they first came out a number of people requested Henry make a regular version of a steel big boy with the side gate Woodstock and a threaded barrel.

Henry said there were a "new things coming "or something similar. That was last year sometime.  

The demand for a standard wood Henry with threaded barrel is significant. I'm surprised I haven't made it already.  I would buy one.
View Quote

Me too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top