Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/10/2021 3:13:26 PM EDT

Pic of an old Bushnell Scopechief II 22 Mod 70-3100. The scope has a integral dovetail built into the bottom and the base has a claw that holds the bottom of the scope. It was mounted on a Marlin mod 60. I need to find base for the scope if anyone has any suggestions.

The claw broke on one side of the mount/base so it won't hold the scope.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I have used a place called everygunparts.com in the past.

No affiliation with them.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would use the excuse to upgrade to a new scope.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:49:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have used a place called everygunparts.com in the past.

No affiliation with them.
View Quote

Couldn't find anything there
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sentimental resons.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sentimental resons.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sentimental resons.

Ah, understood
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 7:17:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Is it the same mount the Bushnell Phantom pistol scopes use?

I've got one around somewhere, don't remember if it's tip off or weaver. I will dig around for it.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is it the same mount the Bushnell Phantom pistol scopes use?

I've got one around somewhere, don't remember if it's tip off or weaver. I will dig around for it.

View Quote

Just looked that up. Close but not sure. The scopechief doesn't have the notches on the bottom of the scope. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:03:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 2:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
You're very, very unlikely to find the mount alone. You'll have a much easier time buying a whole new scope with mount. Last I looked, they were fairly common on EBay, etc. in the $80 range. Keep the better scope and sell the other to recoup some of the cost.
For those not wanting to keep the original configuration for sentimental reasons, they are nice enough scopes that it's worth the PITA to file off the stupid dovetail so you aren't stuck with the unobtainable mount. The tube diameter is 22mm, or .866 inch, which is just under 7/8" (.875"). A turn or 2 of electrical tape, and standard 3/8" dovetail .22 mounts with 7/8" rings fit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You're very, very unlikely to find the mount alone. You'll have a much easier time buying a whole new scope with mount. Last I looked, they were fairly common on EBay, etc. in the $80 range. Keep the better scope and sell the other to recoup some of the cost.
For those not wanting to keep the original configuration for sentimental reasons, they are nice enough scopes that it's worth the PITA to file off the stupid dovetail so you aren't stuck with the unobtainable mount. The tube diameter is 22mm, or .866 inch, which is just under 7/8" (.875"). A turn or 2 of electrical tape, and standard 3/8" dovetail .22 mounts with 7/8" rings fit.
View Quote

Yep...agree with what you said. One mount sold on ebay back in Feb. Could have had it if I had been looking then. So maybe another will show up or a whole scope as you mentioned, I did see a few on there. Just don't want to spend more than $20 or so to fix the problem. I'd hate to file the dovetail but I guess that would be simple solution...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top