Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 9:36:59 PM EDT
I've been looking into belts off and on for couple of months and get more confused than anything else.

I want something that I would consider minimalist.

I have a IFAK (NAR ROO M-FAK), holster (Safariland 7390), and a pistol mag carrier.  Maybe a multitool or something at some point.

I want a minimalist, high speed, low drag type setup that can be relatively rapidly deployed.  Please point me in the right direction.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#1]
This is pretty minimalistic. Plus, it has your NAR ROO kit mounted. I like Esstac mag carriers, they rock. I have 3, the double pistol and 2 single midlength rifle. I like the option of running 1 rifle if I want, or moving them around etc. This is a Blue Alpha double belt with MOLLE.  You throw it on over the inner velcro belt that acts as a regular pants belt.
Belts are a personal item and you will get a few answers of Blue Alpha, HSGI padded (no inner belt required, i think some say that is best for bump in the night or thrown on over your drawers/ sweatpants) Esstac is good, and a couple more that have plenty of guys here running and will tell you what they like about them. The BA is my first, and I'm fond of it.

ETA: I don't know why my pic won't show up. I've tried a couple of times the same way I always post pics....hmm. ill keep trying

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:31:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Ended up ordering the Esstac last weekend along with a couple of mag carriers.  Been debating ordering the Micro Grip panel from HSGI...
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is pretty minimalistic. Plus, it has your NAR ROO kit mounted. I like Esstac mag carriers, they rock. I have 3, the double pistol and 2 single midlength rifle. I like the option of running 1 rifle if I want, or moving them around etc. This is a Blue Alpha double belt with MOLLE.  You throw it on over the inner velcro belt that acts as a regular pants belt.
Belts are a personal item and you will get a few answers of Blue Alpha, HSGI padded (no inner belt required, i think some say that is best for bump in the night or thrown on over your drawers/ sweatpants) Esstac is good, and a couple more that have plenty of guys here running and will tell you what they like about them. The BA is my first, and I'm fond of it. https://www.ar15-backup.com/media/mediaFiles/121400/20201226_205727_jpg-1775862.JPG

View Quote

im late to this but I went with BAG also.  love it, easy on and off during classes, etc.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ended up ordering the Esstac last weekend along with a couple of mag carriers.  Been debating ordering the Micro Grip panel from HSGI...
View Quote

Use your kit first training and then see what works or doesn't work. Go prone, use cover, try climbing something, then try also to get in a car. You'll find out where you want crap and don't want it very quickly. Personally I want nothing on the back of my spine for a belt and use a fanny pack for an IFAK. Can rotate to the front when in a car and behind me when upright.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Consider adding a single rifle mag pouch, many people find the beltline to be a fast and fluid place to reload a rifle mag from.

Also consider adding some sort of retention knife for use in the event of a gun grab.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 7:22:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Cobra buckle!

Very easy to put on quickly!
Very strong too.  

Rifle mag pouch.

Dump pouch?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Last weekend I ordered the following:

Esstac 1.75" Shooters Belt
Esstac Kywi double pistol mag pouch
Esstac Kywi single 5.56 mag pouch

And like I said, I already had the NAR IFAK and Safariland holster.

Good point about the knife.  I don't have a great fixed blade knife.  Do you guys prefer it on the belt or plate carrier?

Is a dump pouch really necessary?  Where do you guys typically keep a flashlight?
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 8:54:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Good point about the knife.  I don't have a great fixed blade knife.  Do you guys prefer it on the belt or plate carrier?

Is a dump pouch really necessary?  Where do you guys typically keep a flashlight?
View Quote

Wherever you put the retention knife, put it somewhere easily accessible from the weak hand. The whole idea of a retention knife is that when someone tries to grab your sidearm, you clamp your strong hand down over the holster and use your weak hand to poke until they let go.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a Gerber Strongarm,  but find it uncomfortable on my belt. I will probably put it on my PC to try out.

As for flashlight, I just keep it in my pocket.  If it is a situation where I can only grab belt, I have a light on my sidearm and rifle. Obviously it's important to have a stand-alone light source for general duty/needs. I keep belt simple (for now anyway, ill see what I need or don't need)
My pic finally uploaded to my first post.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:14:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Consider adding a single rifle mag pouch, many people find the beltline to be a fast and fluid place to reload a rifle mag from.

Also consider adding some sort of retention knife for use in the event of a gun grab.
View Quote

Belt is always my primary reload spot. Even if I’m not wearing my full belt I’ll put just a single belt-mounted mag pouch on and reload from there. If I have the opportunity I’ll just keep bumping my mags from my PC down to my belt as I use them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 3:19:43 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't suggest any kind of large knife on your belt. An Esee Izula is perfect. An Esee 3 is as big as I'd go.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:26:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Consider a SOCP dagger as a retention knife.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top