Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 10:27:37 PM EDT
I installed my suppressor gas plug on my AUG.  I have found conflicting info on what the settings mean.  My AUG is an A3 M1.  If I am reading correctly the big dot indicates where it is set at.  On the receiver ther is a small dot, a bigger dot and a GR.  Do I set the gas valve to the GR or one of the others?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 11:39:01 PM EDT
[#1]
On my MSAR I never messed with the gas setting and it ran fine.

Haven't shot my real AUG with my resonator on it yet.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:13:06 AM EDT
[#2]
It has been a while since I've messed with mine, but from what I recall, comparing the standard plug positions to the suppressor plug:
normal=normal
adverse=grenade
grenade=suppressed

So, use the old grenade position for the suppressed setting, and the old adverse position becomes the grenade position.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a gas plug but I've never used it. I shoot my AUG suppressed without much issue but I shoot outdoors. I also shoot my Tavor suppressed without issue either but I did RTV the area at the butt end of the rail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Do these suppressor gas plugs have:

1. Larger exhaust ports
Or

2. Smaller inlet ports

I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying or not.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I tried it this weekend and it seemed to function good in my limited shooting of it.  It looks to me like on the "suppressed" setting it is letting more gas out through the port to decrease pressure.  Please correct me if that's not right.  I put a YHM Turbo and some old 55gr Guatemalan surplus I had and it functioned fine.  The rifle did not seem to have any problems.  Tossed the brass about 7-8 feet away which was the same as shooting it with a normal gas plug and no suppressor.  Recoil did not seem different from unsuppressed.  I did not set it back to the "normal" setting and try it.  One of the main reasons I wanted it was to decrease wear and tear on the rifle since parts are more expensive.  HTH
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#6]
I saved this info that a member here posted when I had the same question;

The standard gas plug has 3 settings: 
-normal 
-adverse 
-grenade 

The suppressor gas plug has 3 settings:
-normal 
-grenade 
-suppressed 

Normal is same position. The old adverse is now grenade. And the old grenade is now the suppressed setting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:57:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks,  that is the way I used it and it seems to work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top