Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2024 11:57:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: kingpenm3]
I've got two pistol setups (but sbr registered) that are very similar, but if I don't make some changes I know one of them will never make it out of the safe. It is one of the original brace guns. Ugly brace, huge quad rail. Outdated.

Thinking of making that one into a compact suppressed deer rifle. I'd love to see any of y'alls setups.

Currently has a 7" 300blk barrel, but open to suggestions.

Looking to convert to an standard adjustable stock. So many options, but want something that will make for a nice cheek weld knowing I'll put a scope on it.

Thinking a 1-8 scope.

Has an old heavy big quad rail on it now, thinking a 6" mlok, would like to go with a green stock/green handguard, but I've been surprised how hard it has been to find a green handguard.

Ammo. Planning to suppress with a DA Wolfman, but not planning on limiting to subs. What 300blk deer cartridges are most liked?

Anything else to think about? TIA

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 12:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Magpul SLS has a nice shelf for your cheek. As for ammo , I use 110 VMAX (though I haven’t shot a deer using it yet).
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 2:15:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#2]
A 12-12.5” 6.5 Grendel might be worth considering. Although at that barrel length 77 grain 5.56 & 6.8 are also capable on deer.

In blackout the 110 grain Barnes Vortex all monolithic copper is a great bullet. Expands well below 1500 fps and is accurate enough in any barrel I’ve shot them in.  Hornady and a few others have competing bullets.

Lots of options.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 4:14:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RDTCU] [#4]
6.8 SPC...
My old 11.5" parts gun:
Attachment Attached File

Went 16" on the next one to avoid questions and interstate issues.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I use a 12.5” 6.8 SPC. Both with and without a muffler.

85 grain TSX up to 110 Accubond.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 1:23:59 AM EDT
[#6]
I will take my 12.5 Grendel over my blackout every time for deer sized game/ hogs. I have been very impressed with its performance out of a relatively small package.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:27:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#7]
I run an 8” 300, 12” 6.5 Grendel and a 12” 6 arc.. I helped my buddy build his 8” 300 blk. He has two big bucks and a bear on his 300 now. All using Barnes 110 TTSX. Everything drt.

I have been bow hunting the last 20 years but that’s changing. I’ll likely use my 12” Grendel next year due to good bullet selection, hand loaded, and consistent accuracy. Still new to the sbr Arc but it may become my favorite over the Grendel for deer size game.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By kingpenm3:

Has an old heavy big quad rail on it now, thinking a 6" mlok, would like to go with a green stock/green handguard, but I've been surprised how hard it has been to find a green handguard.

View Quote

Not sure if it's too big, but Aero Precision has a 7.3" OD Green handguard that is nice and light:

https://www.aeroprecisionusa.com/ar15-atlas-s-one-m-lok-handguard#finish=5&undefined=977
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 1:53:19 PM EDT
[#9]
My 10.5 350 Legend kills big deer out to 150. Uses all standard parts sans barrel. I also use a 12.5 Faxon with similar results for an off the shelf option. If you’re looking for a “brush gun” it’s a great caliber.
Link Posted: 4/8/2024 1:40:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Buckeye33:
My 10.5 350 Legend kills big deer out to 150. Uses all standard parts sans barrel. I also use a 12.5 Faxon with similar results for an off the shelf option. If you’re looking for a “brush gun” it’s a great caliber.
View Quote

Sounds cool, any pics? 350 legend is an interesting round.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top