Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 2:58:10 AM EDT
All,

I’m running a thin-filmed WP PVS-14 on a L/XL OpsCore FAST using the factory 3-hole shroud. It’s mounted using a Wilcox J-Arm (90% certain it’s the non auto-shutoff, it has a wire in the top but it’s not curved in shape, it’s straight and it doesn’t actually shutoff the unit when I flip it up), with a Wilcox G24.

Regardless of what eye it’s over I don’t have a clean, crisp circle when looking through the tube, it’s always roughly 30% occluded as if I’m looking through a scope with my face too far or too close. I think this problem could be fixed by bringing it closer to my face but more ideally it would be remedied by having more allowable range to swing it down further towards the center of my face. I already have the G24 set all the way back, as close to my face as I can get it and the J-Arm is set as close to the center of my face as possible.

I have about 275hrs running ANVIS-6s, which have great adjustability and really allow me to dial it in so I have a full, crisp and clean image through the tube (no shadowing) and so want the same with my -14. Am I asking too much and is it common to not have a full image with -14s? I’ve contemplated buying the Norotos DDA because someone mentioned it has more range, but idk if that’s the case. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#1]
In for advise, as mine needs to move closer to my eye a tad as well.  Same setup, and can't quite get a full view.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#2]
The Norotos DDA made a big difference to me in centering the image over my eye. It was always just a little off using a J-arm.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:50:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like something is not quite right.

I always have a solid view through the entire tube.

Getting a perfect position can definitely be tricky though.

I had a hard time getting eye pro under my 14 without smacking against it constantly when I move.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:58:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I had to adjust the pads in the helmet in order to drop my PVS-7 down further than the mount allowed.

I placed the front pads closer to the top of the helmet and the back pads closer to the rim of the helmet.

Doing this rotated the helmet slightly to the front and dropped the mount more than enough and allowed me to center my eye.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Ok cool, does the DDA offer adjustability or is it more or less fixed the way you get it?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:17:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok cool, does the DDA offer adjustability or is it more or less fixed the way you get it?
View Quote

It is adjustable on one side. I think you can move the adjustable shoe to the other side. It came set up with it on the right eye side. What part of Texas are you in? You might be able to find someone close that could let you try one out.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:40:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

The dda has one left/right adjustable shoe, the other is fixed. The two can be swapped via phillips head screw.

So if you run your optic on the right eye, you can have it adjusted just right, with the capability to switch it to the left eye for emergencies really fast but the adjustment wouldn't be optimal.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Is the occluded area on the top, bottom, or sides? What about a mount with a little more adjustability? I'm running into some issues with my G11 so I have a INVG on order to see if that will help resolve the issue.

Norotos INVG vs G24
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 5:42:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Is the occluded area on the top, bottom, or sides? What about a mount with a little more adjustability? I'm running into some issues with my G11 so I have a INVG on order to see if that will help resolve the issue.

Norotos INVG vs G24
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/145596/NORWIL_JPG-1786611.JPG
View Quote

Hm I might have to give this a try as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 6:27:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I had similar issues and went through a couple of mounts until I hit upon the INVG and DDA combo... Gave me the adjustability I needed as well as moving the eyepiece far enough away from my face that I could wear eye pro and not bump against the eye piece...
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I had similar issues and went through a couple of mounts until I hit upon the INVG and DDA combo... Gave me the adjustability I needed as well as moving the eyepiece far enough away from my face that I could wear eye pro and not bump against the eye piece...
View Quote

Ok, I think I've found my solution until proven otherwise. Can't wait to spend another $600-700 on mounts! lol
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:17:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Ok, I think I've found my solution until proven otherwise. Can't wait to spend another $600-700 on mounts! lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once you’re satisfied that the Norotos setup fixed your issue, sell the G24 and recoup a lot of your $$.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:51:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@11aaguilar post your feedback if and when you go that route... hope it works for you!
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 2:03:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

@11aaguilar post your feedback if and when you go that route... hope it works for you!
View Quote

Will do! It'll probably be awhile but I will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top