Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2021 7:17:26 PM EDT
I have an SF (super high cut) and an ST (normal high cut). Curious to know what helmet covers you guys would recommend?

Since they're for ballistics and I don't have NV now or in the near future I don't intend on needing a counterweight.

My main interest is to offer a protective layer for the helmets from normal handling. Would the ebay variety be good enough for this mission or is it really worth it to go for a name brand? If so, which?

I've mainly seen people going for the agilite, first spear and ops core varieties. The ops core, especially, seems expensive for my mission?
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have an SF (super high cut) and an ST (normal high cut). Curious to know what helmet covers you guys would recommend?

Since they're for ballistics and I don't have NV now or in the near future I don't intend on needing a counterweight.

My main interest is to offer a protective layer for the helmets from normal handling. Would the ebay variety be good enough for this mission or is it really worth it to go for a name brand? If so, which?

I've mainly seen people going for the agilite, first spear and ops core varieties. The ops core, especially, seems expensive for my mission?
View Quote

Just get Agilites for both. They’re cheap enough, and they’re a quality product.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Is hawaiian print still in?

Attachment Attached File

In all seriousness, I have a first spear cover for my helmet. Its nice but they are expensive. Unless you need a cover for something in particular there's nothing wrong with going without.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Another vote for Agilite here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#4]
@SethP if you didn’t purchase a helmet cover yet Gentex has the Ops-core mesh helmet cover on sale for $64.99 then use GARANDTHUMB for 20% off comes to $52 shipped. I paid over $100 for it a few months ago, very nice cover.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/29/2021 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Orion Design Group makes one similar to the ops core brand one. $80 but you can a coupon for 20% your first order. Small business, veteran owned. Support the little guy!
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:05:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@SethP if you didn’t purchase a helmet cover yet Gentex has the Ops-core mesh helmet cover on sale for $64.99 then use GARANDTHUMB for 20% off comes to $52 shipped. I paid over $100 for it a few months ago, very nice cover.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/236598/E2D73DAB-FB7A-474C-81B6-D6578E0102D3_jpe-2070250.JPG
View Quote

Great, I went this route
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 3:30:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Cheap 7$ AliExpress ones are good enough for the job and in a bang for your buck sense they are hard to beat.

Picture in use courtesy of British naval special forces.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Cheap 5$ AliExpress ones are good enough for the job and in a bang for your buck sense they are hard to beat.

Picture in use courtesy of British naval special forces.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 12:40:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I considered the cheap variety but I've read fit can be horrendous. I'd rather buy once than thrice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top