Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2022 1:48:42 AM EDT
I’m not going to say VHS-2 because part of me still hopes they are way better than my Hellion.

Is anyone running with RDS co-witnessed to their BUIS? After sighting mine in I decided to add an optic but all my mounts are higher than the iron sights. I’d really like to run co-witness RDS and wondered if anyone played around enough to find something they liked. Seems like most of my favorite won’t work so I’ll likely do an Aimpoint without the riser but thought I’d check before scrounging for the base.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 8:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I had mine cowitnessed very briefly. The trouble is that the irons are at around 1" sight height, so you need a very low mount. A Sig Romeo 4T with the low mount + riser was about perfect, but then it was too low for use with any current market magnifier mount (as far as I could tell based on measurements.)

If considering a magnifier you might have more leeway with a full size Aimpoint due to the bigger window size.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried Cowitnessing a number of different ways, Low red dots, mounting aftermarket sights that were higher and able to cowitness, I ended up kinda just giving up on this and bolting on a fixed power prism optic that was normal height because I was tired of messing with combinations trying to get this to work. I didn't like having to scrunch down on the gun every time either.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:58:23 AM EDT
[#3]
HK M416 irons are 1.125" tall, so you your best bet may be to look at HK416 height co-witness options. I know Larue sells one for the small Aimpoints. LT660-HK is the model number.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:06:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I’m not going to say VHS-2 because part of me still hopes they are way better than my Hellion.

Is anyone running with RDS co-witnessed to their BUIS? After sighting mine in I decided to add an optic but all my mounts are higher than the iron sights. I’d really like to run co-witness RDS and wondered if anyone played around enough to find something they liked. Seems like most of my favorite won’t work so I’ll likely do an Aimpoint without the riser but thought I’d check before scrounging for the base.
View Quote
I’m running an RMR with a co-witness

Link Posted: 6/15/2022 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HK M416 irons are 1.125" tall, so you your best bet may be to look at HK416 height co-witness options. I know Larue sells one for the small Aimpoints. LT660-HK is the model number.
View Quote

I have a micro on an LT660HK on another gun and tried it briefly on the Hellion. It doesn't cowitness. Just fyi.
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Sig Romeo 5 with out riser will co witness just fine.

The hi riser gives an absolute co witness of 1.41" and is way too tall to co witness with these sights.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 11:32:53 AM EDT
[#7]
An Aimpoint mount without the riser will lower 1/3 cowitness with the built in irons:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top