Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2019 8:37:21 PM EDT
How tall does the KAC RAS picatinny adapter for the MP5 sit in comparison to say the OEM Zenith, MFI low, etc?

What keeps the rail from flexing downwards into the top of the gun?

Edit: I am inquiring about the optic mount for the MP5 RAS rail.

Link Posted: 1/12/2019 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how tall the pic mount ones are, but the HK RAS rails have a hinge similar to the RAS/RIS rails on the M4 that tightens up on the receiver that prevents movement.

I'll get some photos for you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry for the confusion, I’m asking about the optic mount for the MP5 RAS.
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 5:06:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The front mounting points are so strong that you'd have to put devastating force on the mount to get it to flex.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#4]
To answer my own questions after receiving the item:

It IS taller than the MFI/HK Parts ultra low profile mount. The KAC picatinny adapter puts my previously lower 1/3 cotwitness on a low weaver 30mm mount + Aimpoint ACO above the irons. Ultimately loses the ability to cowitness irons with the optic.

There is nothing preventing the aft of the picatinny section to flex downwards towards the receiver upon impact. There is roughly 0.145” of a gap between the underside of the picatinny rail and the top tube of the receiver.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top