Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2020 3:17:51 PM EDT
I’m not going to ask about how to go about the ATF Form 1 process….plenty of into out there online I can find.  

That being said, has anything changed in the last year with the form, or making a trust? Lots of the info out there is a year or two old, if not older. I had some guys at work telling me that it used to be an advantage to set up a trust for your Form 1, but now because of some recent changes….you're better off to just fill it out as an individual.  That’s the main reason I’m asking…..I just want to make sure I’m not looking at old/incorrect info online.

Thinking about doing the Form 1, and then after it is approved, I will go ahead and buy the parts to build a suppressor.

Any info would be great, regarding any changes……
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 3:23:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, google "ATF 41f" for a complete run down but basically individuals no longer need CLEO signoff (it's just a "notification" now) and trusts/corps/llcs need to submit fingerprints and photos of all responsible persons. There's still benefits to having a trust but the process of applying for the form 1/4 is now basically the same between individuals and trusts.

ETA: 41f was about 4 years ago, so not really that recent any more. Nothing has changed since then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top