Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2022 6:30:39 PM EDT
I’ve really liked the look and function of the Q Honey Badger stock for awhile now. Just realized that later last year a version was made available that works with regular AR-15 lowers, and by extension, the MCX. For it to work, it would need a picatinny buffer tube adapter, but seems straight forward from there. Has anybody installed one who could post up a picture? My Google search returned zero results.

Edit: My lower is a regular AR-15 lower and therefore can’t be used with the MCX “collapsing/telescoping” stock. I’d actually prefer this over the Q version if it was compatible.

The stock I’m referencing can be found here.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 1:42:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Shf tailhook would be way better and not Jerry rigged imo
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 5:15:30 AM EDT
[#2]
not my gun or pic , but my google foo is strong

i like it

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:08:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
not my gun or pic , but my google foo is strong

i like it

https://i.postimg.cc/nhc26hYL/q_stock_1913.jpg
View Quote

I like this too but it’s a stock for The Fix, not the Honey Badger.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I like this too but it's a stock for The Fix, not the Honey Badger.
View Quote
doh

your right , my bad
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Shf tailhook would be way better and not Jerry rigged imo
View Quote

The tail hook is also a “brace” and not a stock, which isn’t what I’m looking for or asking about.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:13:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The tail hook is also a “brace” and not a stock, which isn’t what I’m looking for or asking about.
View Quote

Q has brace and stock as well as shf
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I assume you’re talking about the HBPDW? If it’s anything like the SBPDW, it won’t fit if I remember correctly.

ETA: Think it set too high up.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I assume you’re talking about the HBPDW? If it’s anything like the SBPDW, it won’t fit if I remember correctly.

ETA: Think it set too high up.
View Quote

I’m talking specifically about this.
https://liveqordie.com/shorty-stock/

It works with normal AR-15 lower receivers. I have an MCX upper receiver on my SBR’d AR-15 lower receiver. I know that this will functionally work just fine as long as I also pair it with the picatinny-to-buffer tube adapter that Sig sells. I’m not asking if it’ll work (it will), I’m just asking if anyone has tried it, and if so, does it look super goofy or have any other quirks worth mentioning.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 12:36:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’m talking specifically about this.
https://liveqordie.com/shorty-stock/

It works with normal AR-15 lower receivers. I have an MCX upper receiver on my SBR’d AR-15 lower receiver. I know that this will functionally work just fine as long as I also pair it with the picatinny-to-buffer tube adapter that Sig sells. I’m not asking if it’ll work (it will), I’m just asking if anyone has tried it, and if so, does it look super goofy or have any other quirks worth mentioning.
View Quote

That's not what he's saying. The receiver is too thick on the pdw brace/stock. It hits the upper receiver. I can almost guarantee the HB will do the same. I've had both. The HB brace slides under the BCG channel to a part of the receiver that's much thinner than bcg channel or a virtus upper. If you do try it, let us know.
Link Posted: 4/9/2022 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's not what he's saying. The receiver is too thick on the pdw brace/stock. It hits the upper receiver. I can almost guarantee the HB will do the same. I've had both. The HB brace slides under the BCG channel to a part of the receiver that's much thinner than bcg channel or a virtus upper. If you do try it, let us know.
View Quote

Except that the Shorty stock isn’t the HB stock. The width between the stock’s aluminum rails have been widened to work with normal AR-15 lowers (the product page I linked to states this).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top