Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/22/2021 4:48:01 PM EDT
I've been looking for a Keltec CP33 recently and found that Botach has the best price online I can find, supposedly they have 27 in stock... I really want to believe that's true I know they don't have a great rep but does that reputation carry over to firearm sales too? I haven't been trying for long but so far my phone calls and messages haven't been answered from them.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered some parts from them two weeks ago and didn't have any issues. The only thing was that I didn't get a notification that the package shipped. I had to go to my account to find the tracking number. But other than that I had no issues and I've never had issues with them over the years that I've ordered stuff. Never ordered a whole firearm, however.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:18:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I've ordered a couple times from them with no issues.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#3]
GTG
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Of course, lots of people have ordered from Botach.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

How many received their orders should be the question.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I have ordered multiple times with no issues.

I have seen the complaints.  Most center around them selling products they don’t have in stock and never shipping.

You could call and confirm they really have them in stock, and then I wouldn’t hesitate to order.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 6:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered a PWS buffer kit recently with no issues, I would order from them again.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Over the years they've gotten better, last time I ordered from them was seamless.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:42:19 PM EDT
[#10]
As others have stated, GTG.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes

They deliver
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:19:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Better than Optics Planet
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have seen the complaints.  Most center around them selling products they don’t have in stock and never shipping.

You could call and confirm they really have them in stock, and then I wouldn’t hesitate to order.
View Quote

There are a few places that were late to the party, if it's in stock it's in your possession not waiting on the manufacturer. Some businesses just can't comprehend this.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Ordered a Cloud OWL from them several months ago now...

After 3 weeks of waiting and contacting them, I was repeatedly told it'd be shipping soon.

Apparently they never had it on hand...even though it showed "in stock" when I ordered and stayed "in stock" for the weeks following while I waited as well.

Cancelled it eventually...buyer beware.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Bunch of orders from them with no problems.

Most recently, bought some ballistic plates from them earlier this month and got them in about 10 days.
Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:36:39 PM EDT
[#17]
I have never had any problem with the handful of orders over the years. I Know a lot of people have issues with them over the years.
They had the best price I have ever seen on the Steiner t5xi at $1200, mentioned in the description that there would be up to a 6 week delay in shipping. Sent out an email after I ordered saying the same thing. Then I got it within a week directly from Steiner.
So far so good but I know someday I'll get Botach'ed
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:31:20 AM EDT
[#18]
“In stock” means nothing to them.  Horrible CS.

Youve been warned
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:48:21 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought my Beretta ARX100 from them. No problems till the rifle got here and the box said it was supposed to come with three steel Beretta magazines and there was only one in the box. I called them about it and they said that if that’s all that was in the box, that, that was all I was going to get.

I called Beretta to complain. The CS rep asked for my serial number and verified that I was supposed to have three magazines with my rifle. He asked who I had bought my rifle from. When I told him, he said he wasn’t surprised. He sent me two mags by UPS and gave me a link to get six more free because I had bought my rifle during a promotion they were running.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:01:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I bought my Beretta ARX100 from them. No problems till the rifle got here and the box said it was supposed to come with three steel Beretta magazines and there was only one in the box. I called them about it and they said that if that’s all that was in the box, that, that was all I was going to get.

I called Beretta to complain. The CS rep asked for my serial number and verified that I was supposed to have three magazines with my rifle. He asked who I had bought my rifle from. When I told him, he said he wasn’t surprised. He sent me two mags by UPS and gave me a link to get six more free because I had bought my rifle during a promotion they were running.
View Quote

Dayum....that's enough of a reason right there to avoid them.  That's some sleazy b.s. to do to your customers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#21]
bought a mixed order of surefeed mags last year, the 30 rounders shipped but the 20's that showed in stock went to backorder but was instantly charged for them, fast forward 5 months I recalled never receiving them and sent off a mildly aggressive email, no response but a week later the mags showed up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:16:18 PM EDT
[#22]
You know, I've been away for a while and I find it hilarious that people still ask this question.  I guess things never really change.

There are entire threads, sites, and discussions about them.  You're fucked.

They're a drop-shipper and they lie.  You rolled the dice.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:28:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I have recently ordered ammo and boots from them...shipped and delivered as promised. GTG in my book.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Have ordered a bunch of magazines from there. Little on the slow side but never an issue. Usually the best prices I could find.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 5:58:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've received all orders I've placed with Botach.
Very first order (2008ish) was for an AR57 upper, waited 9 weeks to get it but... it was $175 lower than anyplace else.
Have ordered from them 10 - 12 times since then (mags and misc. gear) all arrived within 7 -10 days of order.
Link Posted: 1/30/2021 9:55:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Never a firearm but I have ordered gear from them. Came in with no issues.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#27]
FUCK BOTACH!

I should have listened to all these negative reviews. About 3 weeks ago I ordered something online that they showed on their website as "in stock".

Two weeks later and still nothing-no charge to my card, nothing showing shipped-just pending.

I reach out to their CS chat page, someone there says they will get back to me as soon as they have more info.

Almost a week goes by and nothing and then this morning I open up my email to find they cancelled my order due and reason states "Your order has been canceled since it came through as possible fraud. please reorder the item.". WTF

Should I even bother contacting these assholes? Fucking ridiculous that I wasted 3 weeks to try to get a better deal. Why did I bother with these hacks. NutnFancy can also go eat a bag of dicks as he is always singing their praises.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 9:54:51 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have had the complete opposite outcome.  Been burned by Botach and never had an issue with OP.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol this week was the first time I've had an issue with Optics Planet.  Ordered a Criterion 5.56 chrome lined heavy barrel on Monday.  Said it would ship in 7-10 days.  Check the order the next day and it says the estimated ship date is April 8, so it is already pushed back now.  Then I checked again on Wednesday and the estimated ship date was changed to April 27.  Promptly canceled and just order a barrel from somewhere else.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I have had the complete opposite outcome.  Been burned by Botach and never had an issue with OP.
View Quote

Me too. I have ordered with OP many times and yeah it may take them a week to ship it out but I get it and no bs like BotACHASSSS!
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Some get delivered real quick some a few weeks out.  No real problems with them
I might be in the minority
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#33]
I swear this thread pops up at least once a quarter...and either from someone new to firearms or from someone really hopeful for a good price.  

You should read into that, OP.  If this same thread pops up that often, there's a reason.  

Botach is the reason I always research a new online store before I order from them.  And if there are negative reviews, I go elsewhere.  Botach screwed me over on an order.  No responses to emails or phone calls.  Took getting the credit card company involved to get my money back.

Buyer beware.  Don't get "Botach-ed".
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 11:55:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Botach GTG in my experience.
Link Posted: 3/22/2021 12:14:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#36]
I noticed their track record improved when they moved from LA to Vegas years ago.
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/23/2021 8:27:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Botach is dead to me, I've been Botached before and on principle wouldn't do business with them no matter how cheap the price, or how obtainable their widgets made out of unobtainium are. To me, Botach is covaids (mixture of covid and aids).
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:25:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 9:26:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've ordered a couple times from them with no issues.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 11:26:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I bought a light mount for an AR.
Got it a couple of weeks later, no problems.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#42]
secret with Botach is to only order at most a few items.  The guys that go nuts and make a huge order are the ones that are always missing something.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This. They had a smoking deal on a magpul gun belt. I didn't want to have the deal get absorbed by shipping so I added a few mags to my order. Fucking bastards shipped my order without the belt and all I got was the mags. Didn't even tell me it wasn't in stock or I would have just cancelled the order.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 7:23:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Their business name is actually an acronym:

Bend
Over
To
Accept
Cock
Hammering

Yeah, I've been Botach'ed once. Once.

WTF is up with this stupid board formatting???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top