Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2022 9:07:34 AM EDT

50 years old (today, per FOIA request); official C&R. Still can't wrap my head around an M10 being C&R; only a matter of time until all transferrables are C&R.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#3]
You are not supposed to laminate the orginal form.

Now you should request a certified copy to have because that one is no longer adequate as the original.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 11:57:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Now you should request a certified copy to have because that one is no longer adequate as the original.
View Quote

You should request an eye exam, because that is a laminated color copy. Originals are secured away, never kept with the firearm.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 12:18:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Great post, Happy 50th!
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/vladimir-putin-laughing_zpsov82lsef_GIF-129.gif

my RR Ar15 was from the 1st owner and his was laminated..... if not for it being laminated..I wouldn't have gotten the information correctly.

I helped facilitate a person to person sale on an Mp40 that was amnesty registered but it was smugged on certain places on the form and it had to be corrected twice before it was approved....taking almost 1 year to do...
if it was laminated... I doubt it would have happened.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#8]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

(I should do a FOIA request - although my MAC isn't that old.)
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:19:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

View Quote

If it's an original, the second digit should indicate the year of MFG. It'd at least give you a ballpark.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Happy birthday M10!

My M10/45 will be 50 next year!
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:38:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it's an original, the second digit should indicate the year of MFG. It'd at least give you a ballpark.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Mine is a Texas/SWD MAC. Very near the end. I'm not sure how useful an FOIA would be though.
Link Posted: 1/22/2022 2:11:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You should request an eye exam, because that is a laminated color copy. Originals are secured away, never kept with the firearm.

View Quote

Eh whatever.  Seems like a total waste of effort to laminate a xerox copy of something.  If you could laminate the original then it would make sense to do so.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Eh whatever.  Seems like a total waste of effort to laminate a xerox copy of something.  If you could laminate the original then it would make sense to do so.
View Quote

They last longer, don't need to be reprinted all the time, and can't be torn. Cheap insurance; I keep copies of all my paperwork, laminated, in a binder.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats!  Mine is coded for 1973 but actually made in 1972.  I have a one year birthday on my FORM-4 this week.  So its been in jail this long waiting for approval!  Meanwhile new E-file guys approvals move right past mine!

So as a C&R - One can in theory can ship directly to C&R licensee? in another state without an intermediate Class 03/02 dealer involved?  THis makes it easier to transfer and sell.  Does e-file also help this process? so suckers like me aren't waiting more than a year for what amounts to a NICS check with paper and fees.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 6:26:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So as a C&R - One can in theory can ship directly to C&R licensee? in another state without an intermediate Class 03/02 dealer involved?  THis makes it easier to transfer and sell.  Does e-file also help this process? so suckers like me aren't waiting more than a year for what amounts to a NICS check with paper and fees.
View Quote

From the NFA Handbook (10.2.2), "A licensed collector may receive an NFA curio or relic firearm directly from any person in any State."  NFA items would require the single transfer from the seller to the C&R licensee and you can ship directly to the licensee upon transfer.  Link HERE.  E-file doesn't offer any unique processing advantage to C&R holders over an individual transfer.

You can verify the C&R status for an item from the latest list (https://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios-relics).  If the item is not already in the C&R list, you can get a determination before submitting the Form 4.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 8:34:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

From the NFA Handbook (10.2.2), "A licensed collector may receive an NFA curio or relic firearm directly from any person in any State."  NFA items would require the single transfer from the seller to the C&R licensee and you can ship directly to the licensee upon transfer.  Link HERE.  E-file doesn't offer any unique processing advantage to C&R holders over an individual transfer.

You can verify the C&R status for an item from the latest list (https://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios-relics).  If the item is not already in the C&R list, you can get a determination before submitting the Form 4.
View Quote

Thanks for the information.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 1:33:13 AM EDT
[#17]
I believe only dealers can efile form 4’s at this point.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 10:50:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I believe only dealers can efile form 4’s at this point.
View Quote

No. The buyer has always been responsible for a form 4. Just some dealers are nice enough to do it for you.

Individuals have sent in eform 4s.
Link Posted: 2/1/2022 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No. The buyer has always been responsible for a form 4. Just some dealers are nice enough to do it for you.

Individuals have sent in eform 4s.
View Quote

Paper form 4’s yes.

No e-form 4’s have even come back yet.

Only dealers can e-file form 4’s so far…

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/applications-eforms

A C&R license might satisfy the ffl requirement?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top