Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/26/2018 10:17:36 AM EDT
For those who missed out on the pcc the first time. Limited run, $1,499 msrp.

H&K USC returns!
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:20:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Money standing by.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 11:09:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Yay! A ban era gun that costs thousands to make into the gun you actually want.  Hopefully they'll bring back single stack SL8's, too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 6:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Never understood these.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never understood these.
View Quote
They are hk's way of trolling.

Here's a gun with the same innards at what you really want, but changed just enough that it's a royal pita to make into what you really want, but we won't sell you.

Because we are HK and we hate civilian customers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They are hk's way of trolling.

Here's a gun with the same innards at what you really want, but changed just enough that it's a royal pita to make into what you really want, but we won't sell you.

Because we are HK and we hate civilian customers.
View Quote
It's no different than the neutered AKs that Arsenal imports, except that since they're plastic they're harder to convert back.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yay! A ban era gun that costs thousands to make into the gun you actually want.  Hopefully they'll bring back single stack SL8's, too.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Fk and I just put a 1080ti in the new pc... coulda had a funner toy
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#8]
lol

nope.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I had one years ago.  It was a fun toy and I would consider getting another.  That said, I have a Ruger PCC should be delivered this week.  I would rather see Ruger put out a caliber conversion kit in .45 acp for that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Back during the ban I shot one and really wanted it. Now...not as much.

I wish it was imported as a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I had one if the first ones. Recalled shortly thereafter due to charging handle issues. Sold it at one point.

If they would import it as a pistol with the double stack mags, I would be a buyer. Now, not so much.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Back during the ban I shot one and really wanted it. Now...not as much.

I wish it was imported as a pistol.
View Quote
I wonder if it's a weird German law prohibiting the pistol, or if HK just really sucks at reading the civilian market.

Maybe in another 30 years we'll get clones made stateside.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:22:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Many HK enthusiasts will give a long list of reasons why it's impossible for HK to give us the product we actually want, with varying reasons.  I've heard some solid excuses like 'paddle mag releases are illegal to export'.

If they wanted to make USC/UMPs in the US, they could send some german made molds to the US, and make them here... like they do with their other guns.  For whatever reason, they have not been interested in that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Many HK enthusiasts will give a long list of reasons why it's impossible for HK to give us the product we actually want, with varying reasons.  I've heard some solid excuses like 'paddle mag releases are illegal to export'.

If they wanted to make USC/UMPs in the US, they could send some german made molds to the US, and make them here... like they do with their other guns.  For whatever reason, they have not been interested in that.
View Quote
My very very loose understanding of this is that H&K being a German company and the designs originated and patented in Germany, the German gov has some say in the export and production of German "weapons of war " even overseas. So Mutti Merkel would have to give the ok stamp to allow HK or any other company to make the UMP/USC here in the US. This is how it was explained to me on hkpro when asking about the SL8 and G36 awhile back.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

My very very loose understanding of this is that H&K being a German company and the designs originated and patented in Germany, the German gov has some say in the export and production of German "weapons of war " even overseas. So Mutti Merkel would have to give the ok stamp to allow HK or any other company to make the UMP/USC here in the US. This is how it was explained to me on hkpro when asking about the SL8 and G36 awhile back.
View Quote
I would adore having a UMP after playing MW2 again but not at that price. If they exported a pistol version and I could just put a brace on it, I might for a grand.

And as far as Mutti Merkel goes, the people get the government they deserve.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 12:08:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Hard Pass on that.

It is stupid expensive, strange and rare mags, and configured with AIDS.

I shot one back in the day, didn’t like it then. I shot a UMP, that made a lot more sense but was still a no go.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 4:42:22 PM EDT
[#17]
They were available today at a number of places for around $1200.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#18]
This thread would make me laugh if it was not so pathetic. Most people showing absolutely no love for the USC to UMP conversions is a convenient joke. As usual it's the totally predictable I'm poor... can't afford to build a top of the line UMP conversion... therefore I don't want one and they are no good position. The funny thing is every time I bring out my USC to UMP conversions at the range... the UMP9 or UMP45 they draw a CROWD. Everyone wants to shoot them and loves them. As far as sexy PCC goes... they look about as good as it gets. That is why Hollywood features them like crazy in the huge majority of action movies because they are the coolest looking PCC coming or going. Oh yeah... I'd rather have a glock mag Ruger carbine that every time I glance at it... it is so ugly... it would make me want to throw up a little in my mouth. So yeah... everyone please keep beating the poor unmodified USC into oblivion.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:04:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I had one if the first ones. Recalled shortly thereafter due to charging handle issues. Sold it at one point.

If they would import it as a pistol with the double stack mags, I would be a buyer. Now, not so much.
View Quote
Yeah, the only choice for a pistol is the Omega Shadow UMP pistol...........don't know a lot about them
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 6:29:02 PM EDT
[#20]
As much as I like HK, I have to pass.  Just picked this up for around the same price:

Attachment Attached File

It's a G17 in a CAA Micro Roni.  Folding brace, built in weapon light, BUIS, and added a Holosun red dot on it.  Haven't shot it yet, but it feels awesome in the hands.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 8:28:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Shot a full auto UMP40 recently. Kinda meh, bounced around a lot. The M1 Thompson I shot back to back with it was vastly more controllable. For that kind of money, I'd much rather have one of the MP5 clones.

Now only if H&K would come out with some sort of semiauto MP7....
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
This thread would make me laugh if it was not so pathetic. Most people showing absolutely no love for the USC to UMP conversions is a convenient joke. As usual it's the totally predictable I'm poor... can't afford to build a top of the line UMP conversion... therefore I don't want one and they are no good position. The funny thing is every time I bring out my USC to UMP conversions at the range... the UMP9 or UMP45 they draw a CROWD. Everyone wants to shoot them and loves them. As far as sexy PCC goes... they look about as good as it gets. That is why Hollywood features them like crazy in the huge majority of action movies because they are the coolest looking PCC coming or going. Oh yeah... I'd rather have a glock mag Ruger carbine that every time I glance at it... it is so ugly... it would make me want to throw up a little in my mouth. So yeah... everyone please keep beating the poor unmodified USC into oblivion.
View Quote
Not poor, and the UMP is still crap.

Have a look at Larry Vickers' video on youtube, where he compares it to the M3 Greasegun...and it looses.  60 years of technology and advancement, and it still gets beat by the Greasegun.  Really, the UMP is a 1930s design made with injection molded plastic... aside from the materials, it brings nothing new or better to the table (except maybe last round hold open, it has that).  A UMP in 9mm doesn't do anything that a CZ Scorpion Evo doesn't do just as well, and it does it at 1/2 the price (or less).

The USC/UMP draws a crowd because of video games, and because up until now, they've been a bit rare.  You're right, Hollywood likes them because they look cool.  They're not shooting actual bullets, though, so it doesn't matter to them that they don't do it as well as they should.

The UMP lacks the secret sauce that the MP5 has.  While the MP5 is obsolete too, it shoots incredibly... and for that, it has a well deserved reputation.  The UMP, not so much.

Here is mine, just to explode your brain hole:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 7:23:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 10:46:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Not poor, and the UMP is still crap.

Have a look at Larry Vickers' video on youtube, where he compares it to the M3 Greasegun...and it looses.  60 years of technology and advancement, and it still gets beat by the Greasegun.  Really, the UMP is a 1930s design made with injection molded plastic... aside from the materials, it brings nothing new or better to the table (except maybe last round hold open, it has that).  A UMP in 9mm doesn't do anything that a CZ Scorpion Evo doesn't do just as well, and it does it at 1/2 the price (or less).

The USC/UMP draws a crowd because of video games, and because up until now, they've been a bit rare.  You're right, Hollywood likes them because they look cool.  They're not shooting actual bullets, though, so it doesn't matter to them that they don't do it as well as they should.

The UMP lacks the secret sauce that the MP5 has.  While the MP5 is obsolete too, it shoots incredibly... and for that, it has a well deserved reputation.  The UMP, not so much.
View Quote
This.

The only reason the UMP exists is due to decreased production cost. HK wants/wanted to completely discontinue the MP5 series, however government consumers still demand it, and weren't biting hard enough on UMP sales for HK to be able to drop it. Other than the last round bolt hold open, caliber conversion options, and rust resistance from being mostly polymer, it's inferior to the MP5. Therefore it makes no financial sense to buy them if they cost way more than MP5's (especially when comparing clone for clone).

Now if you want one because they look cool, or because they're uncommon, I completely understand. Nothing wrong with that.
I have G36's and stuff just because they look cool.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
LOL!!
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Ive shot a UMP 9 before.

Dumpster fire.

Will not shoot again.

And will good actual capacity mags even be found for these?  Even after spending big money to make it more "correct"?

Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Yes, if you make it correct enough to accept UMP mags, they can be found all the time for $60 - $90 each.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#28]
With the Omega Gideon Shadow UMP clone apparently not being a dumpster fire, the USC to UMP conversion doesn't make a lot of sense anymore. I guess if you just had to have HK on the side of your gun.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 9:12:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
What in the green fuck are you talking about?

Plenty of people could afford these with a UMP conversion. This forum is full of NFA collectors, we all have money. I just have no use for a $5k clunky blowback PCC, no matter how cool it looks. The UMP is like 40% larger than it needs to be and isn't roller locked so it shoots no better than a $700 Scorpion (worse IMO, since it's got a heavier bolt). For the same money you can have a Brethren MP5SD with the can, which is an absurdly better purchase. HK cheaped out on the UMP/USC, they basically counted on the MP5's reputation to sell a substantially worse "next generation" product that was easier to design and manufacture.
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Ive shot a UMP 9 before.

Dumpster fire.

Will not shoot again.

And will good actual capacity mags even be found for these?  Even after spending big money to make it more "correct"?

View Quote
Even though I just berated it heavily, it's not a dumptster fire.  It's reliable, it's accurate.  It's interesting.  It's quality (the German bits, anyway).  What its not, is 'the best thing ever'... it's not a 'good value'. It's not worthy of the blind worship that it (and certain other guns) receive.  Its 'shootability' is not in line with its pedigree.  It is supposed to be a step towards the future from the MP5, however, in comparison to the MP5, it shoots a bit crap.

Magazines of all three calibers, either original, or US copies, are readily available.  If you get the Gideon Shadow, it's pretty much 100% correct (the receiver spec), except for the writing on the side.  A few people have had problems with the Gideon Shadow receivers, FWIW, but for the most part, they seem to be OK (some have had cycling issues, some have had rail fitment issues).
Link Posted: 5/16/2018 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Ive shot a UMP 9 before.

Dumpster fire.

Will not shoot again.

View Quote
I had a chance to fire a UMP-45 in Vegas..............it was pretty accurate and worked well. I wouldn't mind having one
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 4:29:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Yawn. Nothing special. They will be lucky to sell 2 at that price. There are so many better options now.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 5:58:57 PM EDT
[#34]
They'll sell another to me if they become available. Rumor is run of 1000.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yawn. Nothing special. They will be lucky to sell 2 at that price. There are so many better options now.
View Quote
I'm pretty sure they've sold more than 2.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#36]
They seem to be sold out everywhere. My friend's trying to get one, but no one has any in stock.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 10:03:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
They seem to be sold out everywhere. My friend's trying to get one, but no one has any in stock.
View Quote
Your friend isn't looking very hard as they're in stock at Brownells for $1400...
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/usc-rifle-16-5-black-45acp-prod119863.aspx
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 11:26:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Your friend isn't looking very hard as they're in stock at Brownells for $1400...
https://www.brownells.com/firearms/rifles/semi-auto/usc-rifle-16-5-black-45acp-prod119863.aspx
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks for that! I sent him the info.

eta - and he ordered one!
Many thanks!
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#39]
If B&T didn't exist, I'd likely already have a couple of these. They've always intrigued me. Not throwing shade on the USC but it's not the platform I want, it's a chasis that I would use to convert into the platform I want (UMP). Not complaining either, it's a route I've taken quite a few times with HK platforms that are unobtainable here. A better decision IMO by HK would be to import some sort of pistol versions of the UMP. Theories and hypothesis' run abound as to why HK markets the way it does here. Heck there's people who have made and continue to make. very nice livings off of HK's poor US marketing strategy i.e. TSC, TPM, and IGF just to name a few who've built reputations on converting HK neutered offerings into the platform the masses want. That all being said, I can't guarantee you I won't buy one (USC) if I had it laying in front of me....lol
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 10:35:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If B&T didn't exist, I'd likely already have a couple of these. They've always intrigued me. Not throwing shade on the USC but it's not the platform I want, it's a chasis that I would use to convert into the platform I want (UMP). Not complaining either, it's a route I've taken quite a few times with HK platforms that are unobtainable here. A better decision IMO by HK would be to import some sort of pistol versions of the UMP. Theories and hypothesis' run abound as to why HK markets the way it does here. Heck there's people who have made and continue to make. very nice livings off of HK's poor US marketing strategy i.e. TSC, TPM, and IGF just to name a few who've built reputations on converting HK neutered offerings into the platform the masses want. That all being said, I can't guarantee you I won't buy one (USC) if I had it laying in front of me....lol
View Quote
Mine should be at my dealer tomorrow. UMP stub, stock, and miscellaneous parts already ordered.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 6:52:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Despite all of the drawbacks, I’d love one with a short barrel and my Obsidian...
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:37:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Despite all of the drawbacks, I'd love one with a short barrel and my Obsidian...
View Quote
Hehe. I'm only on month two for my Obsidian. Just hit month six on the Razor.
Link Posted: 6/9/2018 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#43]
My check was cashed 12/11... I just saw on the wait times thread that some with that date were approved. I’m praying it comes in soon
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 10:15:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Well let the haters hate is all I can say. My two HK USC/UMP conversions are two of my absolute favorite guns. I'm not going to argue about whether or not they are worth the price of admission... beauty and value are in the eye of the beholder. All that matters is that they were worth it to me. I'm also not going to get into a pissing contest arguing over the virtues of roller lock delayed blowback vs. simple blowback action. Most of us who own a variety of firearms are already very aware of the differences between the two types. Just because my HK MP5 based firearms are smoother and quieter than my simple blowback firearms does not mean I have no love for them... I still very much appreciate them all.

Link Posted: 6/10/2018 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Well let the haters hate is all I can say. My two HK USC/UMP conversions are two of my absolute favorite guns. I'm not going to argue about whether or not they are worth the price of admission... beauty and value are in the eye of the beholder. All that matters is that they were worth it to me. I'm also not going to get into a pissing contest arguing over the virtues of roller lock delayed blowback vs. simple blowback action. Most of us who own a variety of firearms are already very aware of the differences between the two types. Just because my HK MP5 based firearms are smoother and quieter than my simple blowback firearms does not mean I have no love for them... I still very much appreciate them all.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/HK_UMP_9mm_CP-571244.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/HK_UMP_45acp_CP-571245.jpg
View Quote
Those look pretty rad with the ACR stock.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 2:42:18 PM EDT
[#46]
I thought so too. I love mine, though the .45ACP round loses steam pretty fast at range. Still haven't decided if I'm doing a tax stamp or not, but it's a lot of fun.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/HK_UMP_9mm_CP-571244.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121296/HK_UMP_45acp_CP-571245.jpg
View Quote
Damn that's a beautiful sight!...so jelly
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Yep, they totally suck. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top