Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2022 11:29:37 PM EDT
This upper just arrived today, it's an original HK417 12" assaulter upper with a surplus S&B 4-16x42 scope in a LaRue STOMP mount (old type, discontinued). The upper has a chrome bolt, fluted chamber, OTB features, etc. I'm building this rifle the same way as the SEAL/CAG/SF/whoever in the below photo. I have no idea why he put a scope from a Mk11 on his short barrel HK417, but I think it's fucking awesome! All I need is a FH762-213S HK417 M15x1 flash hider (I think this is the one I need), a lower with original HK parts and a tax stamp. I have a silencer on my Mk13 Mod 7 that I can use with this rifle (I confirmed with SF that I could use it with the 12" barrel). This is going to be an extremely unique clone build using extremely rare original parts, I'm very excited about this one!

Why do you think this guy is using a scope like this on a short barreled rifle? Compact sniper? Have any of you guys done an HK417 12" assaulter build? If so, please post it here! What is the best option for a lower and laser engraving? @Combat_Diver, do you have any information on these rifles with this specific optic?

I put this scope in the LaRue STOMP mount, so these parts weren't originally together. However, one of my friends had this exact scope/mount that appears to be surplus and also looks exactly like the one in the military photo. He sold the scope and sold me the mount. The mount was missing the top piece, but it appears to be very early, since not marked with LaRue's information on the bottom (it has the same laser engraving on the right side). We think that his scope/mount was from one of these HK417's, possibly even off the one in the operator photo! Surplus mount on the left, NOS mount on the right:

Also, here's the only other original HK417 12" upper I've seen for sale (price is ridiculous): https://hkparts.net/product/hk-417-parts-kit-german-hk-12-barrel-p18433.htm/
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 1:47:55 AM EDT
[#1]
That looks retarded but really cool
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks retarded but really cool
View Quote
Probably the best way to describe it, lol
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 10:10:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Awesome build!
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Man this is awesome. Your wallet though…
Link Posted: 4/17/2022 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Dumbest but coolest thing I've seen in a while.

Kudos for going for it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 1:31:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Is that mount canted?
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 8:16:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man this is awesome. Your wallet though…
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 9:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Sweet build but man that combo is just so backwards.

That optic is sweeeet!
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a Vortex 5-20x Razor HD on my 13" SCAR 17CQC and it is a great setup.  Don't let the haters bring you down.  First round hits on steel at 600 yards all day long....

Stephen
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
That is really neat. I think Brownells sells stripped 417 lowers or at least they did a few years ago.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I see you're in MN.  Bill's Gun Shop in Robbinsdale had an MR762 when I was there a few months ago in late 2021.  They wanted some ridiculous price for it, like >$5000 for the rifle and scope, so it might still be there.  That would get you a complete lower, at least.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:07:57 PM EDT
[#12]
NOS STOMP mount is impressive enough on it's own, let alone the rest of it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 10:18:45 PM EDT
[#13]
That looks awesome! Would you happen to have the measurement of the barrel from the shoulder to the gas block?
Link Posted: 4/30/2022 4:34:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I built a 417 parts kit on a Brownell's lower and it turned out decent. I also managed to get a spare lower a few months ago for under msrp that I may get tanodized down the road, but finding the parts for not scalper prices is difficult at the moment.

The BRN 7 lowers are out there, and they didn't seem as popular as the 416 clone lowers, probably as 417 parts aren't exactly easy to get, so prices on them aren't awful yet. My only complaint with the Brownell's lower is that the third position has a "30" mark like the 416 does, while real 417s just have a box with an open end pictogram.

If I get a chance I will put a decent photo up of my rifle. San Antonio Laser are who I had do the markings on my 417 as well as my tano 416. I highly recommend them, as the other companies that offer similar services don't quite look right.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 3:17:50 PM EDT
[#15]
We do that quiet often over here.
A short 762 gun with a medium size scope or LPVO is great to have by your side in a car for example.

Cheers,

Gunner
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Not an hk but I have a 12.5” ar308 (aero m5 upper and lower) I run a 1-4 Steiner on it and the damn thing shoots lights out with 130 grain Speer varmint jhp home loads to 300, it’s a beast, maybe this summer I’ll go to 400.

That rig will be awesome, mount a trijicon rmr on an offset and get the best of longer and closer ranges

Edit:

Also my guess is this is an urban combat dmr type set up, his laser might be for closer ranges and he possibly does overwatch idk
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top