Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/17/2020 5:03:25 PM EDT
Just picked up my SP5 and SBR'ed it. Now looking for a German HK MP5 Rear Sight Drum or Sight Assembly with Diopter.

Anyone have any leads on one? I prefer switching the sight assembly for ease.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Just picked up my SP5 and SBR'ed it. Now looking for a German HK MP5 Rear Sight Drum or Sight Assembly with Diopter.

Anyone have any leads on one? I prefer switching the sight assembly for ease.
View Quote
@under9

There is one on GB right now for 89.00. Look in HKParts category.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 5:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@under9

There is one on GB right now for 89.00. Look in HKParts category.
View Quote
Oh - didn’t even think about GB

Edit - seems the GB one is a aftermarket no German
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 7:47:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Do NOT buy one from hkparts whatever you do
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Oh - didn’t even think about GB

Edit - seems the GB one is a aftermarket no German
View Quote
Off topic but what parts did you change for 922r compliance?
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Off topic but what parts did you change for 922r compliance?
View Quote
As of right now, none. Not totally sure what the best route would be.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 8:55:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that needed when the german rear sight is swapped to another German one?  What about putting a US made thread protector on it?

Or do you mean if adding another German part such as a stock you have to add another US compliant part?  Sorry not too familiar with 922r stuff lol
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
6 parts need to be of USA origin to make an imported pistol 922r compliant in order to become an SBR. So you need to pick your poison on which you choose to do. The fore arm, charge handle, magazine (counts as 3 yet anything other than HK dont function fer shit).... A PTR rear diaopter sight all in itself might count as the 6 if all manufactured in USA and you can get one. Others are saying that even a suppressor if made in USA counts as flash hider so that is 1 part? An after market butt stock..Me, since I'm buying German for German engineering, I would choose those that are more cosmetic vs mechanically functional. I'm leaving my lower internals alone but those could be change out as well.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I got mine from HK parts. They sent me a fake one, claimed they made a mistake and send me the real HK after.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
6 parts need to be of USA origin to make an imported pistol 922r compliant in order to become an SBR. So you need to pick your poison on which you choose to do. The fore arm, charge handle, magazine (counts as 3 yet anything other than HK dont function fer shit).... A PTR rear diaopter sight all in itself might count as the 6 if all manufactured in USA and you can get one. Others are saying that even a suppressor if made in USA counts as flash hider so that is 1 part? An after market butt stock..Me, since I'm buying German for German engineering, I would choose those that are more cosmetic vs mechanically functional. I'm leaving my lower internals alone but those could be change out as well.
View Quote
Thanks - I totally overlooked this. It’s looks like I might have this taking care of with the plans I have
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:20:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Me, since I'm buying German for German engineering, I would choose those that are more cosmetic vs mechanically functional.
View Quote
I would/did choose all German parts for that reason. 922(r) isn't something most people ever have an issue with. They'd have to prove you assembled it anyway. If anyone besides the possessor assembled it, no problem.

Possession of a non-922(r)-compliant firearm is not illegal; only the assembly is.

The statute of limitations is 5 years.
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I would/did choose all German parts for that reason. 922(r) isn't something most people ever have an issue with. They'd have to prove you assembled it anyway. If anyone besides the possessor assembled it, no problem.

Possession of a non-922(r)-compliant firearm is not illegal; only the assembly is.
View Quote
I could just see it..

ATF: Sir...did you assemble this in here SBR without complying with 922R?

Sir: No sir ATM man sir....

ATF: Well dagnabbit, who did if'n it were't you?

Sir: I had my pet monkey do it..... opposable thumbs and all

ATF: alrighty then. Nothing to see here, I'll best be gettin along....
Link Posted: 2/17/2020 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sir: I can't say I did. (Remember, it's unlawful to lie to a federal agent during an official investigation... That's a separate charge.)
ATF: Well dagnabbit, who did if'n it were't you?
View Quote
{Invokes Fifth Amendment right about now.}

If they're asking about 922(r) though, you likely have other, far more serious problems.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 9:50:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just FYI, I don't think the flash hider is included in the count of 6.

Most don't come with a flash hider so adding one (including a silencer) doesn't count towards swapping 6 parts out.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:08:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Most don't come with a flash hider so adding one (including a silencer) doesn't count towards swapping 6 parts out.
View Quote
You are correct.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildMP5VerifyCompliance
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Ive always wondered how one could tell if something is 922r compliant

Sure usually some of the 922r options are marked USA. But whos to say your no marking sight is or isn't American?

Furthermore say you modify a foreign part. Is this now a USA part?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You are correct.

http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildMP5VerifyCompliance
Good to know. Thank you for the correction.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 3:49:37 PM EDT
[#17]
does form 1'ing not count as adding a US made part since you are manufacturing a short barreled rifle here in the USA?
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
There are only certain parts that qualify.  A rear sight is certainly not any that qualify toward 922r.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 4:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

There are only certain parts that qualify.  A rear sight is certainly not any that qualify toward 922r.
View Quote
Yes. Is see that from that list linked. What a shame. Almost like they don’t want your German, reliable gun to be so with the list the compiled. I can get to six but would have to change out the sear. But that USA trigger box  is expensive from HK parts. Wonder if any of the customs shops make their own boxes and do they fit HK. Someone like Dakota Tactical.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top