Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2021 4:47:49 PM EDT
Looking to jump into the 416 game and looking at the 416D SF on GB. Any insight before I take the plunge. This would be my 2nd HK, 1st is a SP5.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 7:42:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you a class 3?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Only 9-18 sf variants in the wild.  Be prepared to pay 12-20k for a legit gun.

Way to much for what it is, unless you are a collector.

YMMV.

18Z50
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Be prepared for it to not be a legit gun.

(Like seriously have a contingency plan to deal with that possibility upon receipt, if you commit to purchasing one).

I'd want to see a chain of custody or something. Have expert knowledge to verify its authenticity.

Unscrupulous guys will clone serial numbers for that kind of cheddar. That's not illegal for a homemade Title I firearm (currently).

Once it's NFA registered and becomes a Title II firearm, the original NFA registration form shows its pedigree. They're available (redacted) from ATF via FOIA request, but it takes months to get a copy. The seller should be able to provide its history, or at least the form they received it on.

Think 416 parts kit + MR556 semi parts + really perfect clone receiver from an 80% lower.
I'd have to know it wasn't that. 10k(+) isn't parts gun money.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

YMMV.

18Z50
View Quote

If this guy isn't a crypto billionaire I was going to accuse him of using his dads account because the starting bid on the gun in question is 85K. So call me dubious.

$$$$$$$$$ Lol
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:06:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Are you a class 3?
View Quote

Will be July 1
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:08:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The gun I was looking at sold for 10k. Now looking for a complete upper that’s on GB, Does it matter if the barrel and bolt date code don’t match the upper’s?
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:10:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

YMMV.

18Z50
View Quote

That’s my understanding is that they were purchased from a LE agency. Sounds like they might have too much baggage for me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:13:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The gun I was looking at sold for 10k. Now looking for a complete upper that’s on GB, Does it matter if the barrel and bolt date code don’t match the upper’s?
View Quote

They usually don't match.
Link Posted: 5/13/2021 10:47:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

They usually don't match.
View Quote

Thanks - didn’t realize that
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If this guy isn't a crypto billionaire I was going to accuse him of using his dads account because the starting bid on the gun in question is 85K. So call me dubious.

$$$$$$$$$ Lol
View Quote

That seller always lists things at absurd prices. I’ve never seen him list anything that wasn’t at WTF pricing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 9:59:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

That seller always lists things at absurd prices. I’ve never seen him list anything that wasn’t at WTF pricing.
View Quote

And, the example he is selling will not be allowed on the registry if you did a title 1 transfer of the lower. That is a dealer sample and never “officially used.” ATF has taken the position the import exemptions cannot be used to enter otherwise non-importable items into ordinary commerce. They will however allow LEO to sell surplus weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top