Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/6/2023 9:52:22 AM EDT
Picked up a 416 this week.  CDNN had them on sale.  Had a Vortex Strikefire sitting around that needed mounted on something.  So the 416 it was.  Got to the range last night.

The good:  reliable, ran 100 rounds of CCI Blazer and CCI standard velocity without a hitch.  Surprisingly and pleasantly accurate for what is really just a range toy.  Mags easy to load.  Take down is simple.  Points well.  Looks cool.  Made by Umarex (like almost all of the stuff in this market niche) but this one is mostly metal.  Flip up sights, adjustable butt stock and all the other bits worked as they should.  

The interesting:  there's an adjustment so you can fine tune between high velocity and standard velocity ammo.  I didn't touch it and both loads ran 100%

The not great:  trigger is heavy.  Not unbearably so and 22 semi autos of any ilk aren't noted for great triggers.  I doubt there's much that can be done about it.

Overall, I happy.  I think this will be a fun range toy.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.  Been looking at AR style .22's lately.  Thanks for posting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top