Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2018 10:43:27 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Is there a way to make these howard leight earpro sit in the "open" position in this helmet.it is a pain to get on!!
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Buy 3M ARC Peltor rail adapters. They have 2 settings on ear and off ear. With the on ear setting they can fold up nicely inside of your helmet. I have the same exact ear pro you have.

http://imgur.com/gabZMwy
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I think your only options are to put them on first, then the helmet... Or attach them to Peltor or Unity Tactical MARK Adapters.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:13:35 PM EDT
[#3]
ok,thanks guys,ill look into those.
Link Posted: 7/1/2018 11:13:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Be sure to watch this video.  It shows you how to properly remove the head band from your Howard Leights.

Mount Howard Leights to Team Wendy Using Pelter Adapters
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:02:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Definitely get the adapters man. They’re so worth the $55 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 5:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I cut the "leather" band off of mine to get the wiring out of it then removed the frame and attached them to the arc rail adapters.  Pretty straight forward overall.  Just don't cut the wire with your knife or razor blade.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I cut the "leather" band off of mine to get the wiring out of it then removed the frame and attached them to the arc rail adapters.  Pretty straight forward overall.  Just don't cut the wire with your knife or razor blade.
View Quote
did you buy the peltor adaptors also?
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 10:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

did you buy the peltor adaptors also?
View Quote
He did. When he said Arc rail adapters, he is referring to the Peltor Adapters made to fit on the Ops Core Arc Rails.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He did. When he said Arc rail adapters, he is referring to the Peltor Adapters made to fit on the Ops Core Arc Rails.
View Quote
This they weren't cheap but I originally bought some knock off adapters that were total crap.  Should have just put that money towards the Peltor adapters in the first place.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#10]
What are the best bargain set of Peltors without buying garbage?
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I run the Sport Tacs and got them on Amazon for 33.00 prime.
Link Posted: 7/4/2018 11:27:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whatever ones you get make sure they accept the gel cups.  I put off getting them for years until this past week and they are worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top