Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2019 2:57:52 PM EDT
Is there a difference between a "Gunsmith and Dealer" license? Can a gunsmith send pistols thru USPS to other dealers?
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:23:07 PM EDT
[#1]
They both require a type 01 license and you can do both activities under the license.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 5:19:11 PM EDT
[#3]
At the state level there may be differences. NYS treats them as two separate licenses
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FFL Types

Federal Firearms Licenses
View Quote
Thanks for the link, I don't see class three, it shows an 03 as a C&R. What class does a SOT go with?
Is there a listing of license fees?
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Thanks for the link, I don't see class three, it shows an 03 as a C&R. What class does a SOT go with?
View Quote
Relative to the most common FFLs:

A Type 1 FFL will become a Class 3 SOT - which means they can deal or transfer either standard or NFA weapons
A Type 7 FFL will become a Class 2 SOT - which means they can manufacture, deal, or transfer either standard or NFA weapons
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 3:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
The SOT is a tax with the 3 different "classes" - 1 Importer, 2 Manufacturer, 3 Dealer. You must first be an FFL to obtain/pay SOT, it is in addition to the FFL.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunsmiths can have "by appointment only" business hours. That is the only difference that I know of.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gunsmiths can have "by appointment only" business hours. That is the only difference that I know of.
View Quote
Any licensee of any type can have any business hours he wants.
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Anyone can do that. You could even have not open to the public, ever, like RSR.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top