Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2018 3:35:35 PM EDT
Anyone have any experience with gun lockers? Not like stack on types but really heavy duty ones. I got the idea from watching the  shooter tv series if that might help describe what I'm looking for. Wanting to use it to put the guns I use the most in. Just so I can throw a padlock or two on it and not have to worry about a dual or keypad.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never personally seen any made with anything thicker than 14 gauge steel. If your goal is just to keep kids out they are certainly better than nothing but a big screwdriver is probably all you need to pry the door open.
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#2]
You talking about the ones many of the LEO’s use?
Link Posted: 1/10/2018 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah something like that. Just a quick search shows many places to buy look to be marketed more toward law enforcement and government applications.
Link Posted: 1/11/2018 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/13/2018 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
They're expensive, heavy, and very modular.
Link Posted: 1/14/2018 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah something like that. Just a quick search shows many places to buy look to be marketed more toward law enforcement and government applications.
View Quote
They will keep unwanted hands off your guns, but they really are not meant to be very secure. They are used, like you said by law enforcement in already secure areas.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Not exactly what you describe but I keep my go to AR behind my bedroom door in a gun box by Eureka safes.

www.eurekasafes.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top