Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2018 9:07:14 AM EDT
I shot this 50 yard group with a TNW Aero survival "carbine" (10"pistol) and a TA44 ACOG using S&B 10mm 180gr FMJ. I thought it was absolute garbage but a friend of mine said he gets groups that aren't a lot smaller with a different PCC. Is this pure shit or something to be expected with a PCC. It's been a long time since I fired a PCC for groups.

ETA: gratuitous gun pr0n.

Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:53:23 AM EDT
[#1]
With an Acog, not real good. Maybe it just doesn't like that ammo?

I'd check everything and be sure it's tight and try more of the same, and if it's still that way, I'd try different ammo. If that doesn't help, stick some irons on it and try and see if there's something internal to the Acog.

Then, you might be like me, and your eyes are getting really bad, and 1.5x doesn't cut it anymore.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 10:29:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, my eyes are getting bad. Time to get that Lasik touched up. But I can still produce 2" groups with irons or unmagnified optics at 50 yards with a 5.56mm AR without difficulty. I guess, if I ignored that flier, the group would be roughly 3". The barrel seems loose. Like, I can wiggle the muzzle a bit. I know that in some designs, this wouldn't matter much, because it might return to center so long as nothing is pressing against it. My groups with the PA Cyclops were even larger, but I don't trust the way that mount fit. I definitely need to try other types of ammo. I just wanted to find out what kind of baseline I should expect for accuracy on a gun like this.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, my eyes are getting bad. Time to get that Lasik touched up. But I can still produce 2" groups with irons or unmagnified optics at 50 yards with a 5.56mm AR without difficulty. I guess, if I ignored that flier, the group would be roughly 3". The barrel seems loose. Like, I can wiggle the muzzle a bit. I know that in some designs, this wouldn't matter much, because it might return to center so long as nothing is pressing against it. My groups with the PA Cyclops were even larger, but I don't trust the way that mount fit. I definitely need to try other types of ammo. I just wanted to find out what kind of baseline I should expect for accuracy on a gun like this.
View Quote
I'd check and be sure the barrel is fastened correctly.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Ill be shooting the Scorpion this weekend, Ill let you know the results are at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Did you only fire one group?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 3:26:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ill be shooting the Scorpion this weekend, Ill let you know the results are at 50 yards.
View Quote
I did with mine just before summer..
Fired 3x 5rounds groups with the Vortex Sparc at 50m about 2-2.5” in size.. then things got worse for whatever reason and got 6” inch groups.. still trying to figure out what happened..
I was using a mix of different ammo but most were copper plated 123g bullets.. want to try some hotter load FMJ ammo to see if it makes any difference.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 7:16:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Did you only fire one group?
View Quote
I was zeroing on another target. I'll shoot some groups with other ammo when I can.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I did with mine just before summer..
Fired 3x 5rounds groups with the Vortex Sparc at 50m about 2-2.5” in size.. then things got worse for whatever reason and got 6” inch groups.. still trying to figure out what happened..
I was using a mix of different ammo but most were copper plated 123g bullets.. want to try some hotter load FMJ ammo to see if it makes any difference.
View Quote
I’ll try it with some AE 147gr as well as some 124gr MEN.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:24:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I’ll try it with some AE 147gr as well as some 124gr MEN.
View Quote
Curious to hear about your results. My 147 were copper plated as well.
Btw I also have a hbi trigger spring kit on mine
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Red shots are 124 gr MEN.

Blue shots are 147 gr Aguila, not the AE as I previously thought.

Grid is 1" squares.

Obviously, it likes the MEN better.

All shots taken at 50 yards, weapon resting on magazine on bench.

Sight used is a Vortex Viper red dot.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:32:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I recently shot 7 or 8 different reloads through a new Ruger PCC, each using a different bullet. 10-shot groups each load.

At 50 yards from a bench, groups ranged from 2.5” up to 8+” (not counting the set with pulled bullets that had only 3 or 4 hits on paper).
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 5:51:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I recently shot 7 or 8 different reloads through a new Ruger PCC, each using a different bullet. 10-shot groups each load.

At 50 yards from a bench, groups ranged from 2.5” up to 8+” (not counting the set with pulled bullets that had only 3 or 4 hits on paper).
View Quote
Really goes to show with PCC, find the load that works best. I wrongfully assumed the 147 would be more accurate. Luckily, the 124 gr MEN is my main 9mm load I use in everything else, I only use the 147 for use with the suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 7:49:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Too many years shooting jello at 10 yards?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 8:59:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Sick burn.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 1:43:23 PM EDT
[#15]
I'll take my FX9 out to 50 yards and see what it does. Dropping a cmc trigger in it tomorrow but a bench rest should even out the terrible trigger.

I've got a few diff rounds I'll try just to see what it groups.
Link Posted: 10/3/2018 10:04:11 AM EDT
[#16]
https://imgur.com/gallery/CI4XLBN
Link Posted: 10/21/2018 11:12:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I have the TNW 10mm pistol and bought the carbine barrel for it. Handloading for both barrels, my best groups were obtained using 200gr. rounds. The best groups for both barrels ranged from 5 to 8 inches at 100yds. This was off  a bench with bags and a 1-4x scope.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:10:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I shot this 50 yard group with a TNW Aero survival "carbine" (10"pistol) and a TA44 ACOG using S&B 10mm 180gr FMJ. I thought it was absolute garbage but a friend of mine said he gets groups that aren't a lot smaller with a different PCC. Is this pure shit or something to be expected with a PCC. It's been a long time since I fired a PCC for groups.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89956/IMG_20180924_170227896-683616.jpg

ETA: gratuitous gun pr0n.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/89956/IMG_20180919_163110216_2-683675.jpg
View Quote
Most of us here shoots 9mm in PCC format so wouldn't be a fair comparison.  I don't know much about 10mm as far as inherent accuracy maybe that's the best this cartridge would do.  I know both of my Scorpions shoots that kind of groups at 100 yds using the PA Cyclops and S&B 9mm 115 gr FMJs.  At 25 yds, they are all touching.

This was shot with hot +P+ loads from Federal:

Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:05:14 AM EDT
[#19]
That's not unusual for any 10mm PCC.

My TNW ASR 16" 10mm barrel would work itself loose after a range trip, I'd have to tighten it back down regularly.

Wish it had wrench flats on the barrel to torque it down properly. Last time I had it apart I put some blue Loctite on the threads, we'll see how that does.

And none of my 16" 10mm carbines group S&B that well, try some Sig Elite fmj and see how it does.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 9:50:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'll take my FX9 out to 50 yards and see what it does. Dropping a cmc trigger in it tomorrow but a bench rest should even out the terrible trigger.

I've got a few diff rounds I'll try just to see what it groups.
View Quote
im curious to see what your groups are.

I have an FX-9 pistol, so far ive only tried my handloads (4gr titegroup with a 115fmj) and accuracy has been about 3" at 30 yards.
I tried some speer factory ammo and it sucked. probably 7-8" groups at 30 yards.

ive got some 124gr FMJ's to try and some 124gr plated bullets with a slew of different powder options. It seems to be a little finicky.
my CZ scorpion carbine smokes the FX-9 when it comes to accuracy.

the CZ would make a clover leaf at 30 yards.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top