Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/28/2023 2:56:27 PM EDT
Don't have needle torque wrench at home (will be showing up in a few days) and trying to test my ez-lok barrel adapter/piston tonight.

Using a Glock gen 5 OEM threaded barrel and 1/2x28 (9mm or lesser) barrel adapter.

Installation video on griffins website shows him doing a field install between his knees with a open end 3/4 wrench...im looking to do this and wondering if anyone can give a rough estimate on how much I should be turning the adapter with the wrench after getting it finger tight on the barrel threads(quarter rotation/half rotation)?  

Recommended install torque is 22 ft/lbs  

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:04:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with 2 pieces of wood in a vice and the whole top end (slide) assembly. Chose to use a Cresent wrench with very clean jaws. I did this because every wrench I had wanted to walk on me and bind. I kept pressure on the worm screw that adjusts jaw length.

Its very apparent when it's tight enough.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:11:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I went with 2 pieces of wood in a vice and the whole top end (slide) assembly. Chose to use a Cresent wrench with very clean jaws. I did this because every wrench I had wanted to walk on me and bind. I kept pressure on the worm screw that adjusts jaw length.

Its very apparent when it's tight enough.
View Quote

thanks for response.

Any estimate on how much you are turning the wrench to get it tight enough?
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:48:41 PM EDT
[#3]
A box end wrench or socket would be best. I also clamp the slide in the vice with wood padding.

If you are just testing it in one shooting session, just cranking it down until it until it feels tight with a wrench would be fine.

Make sure to use your torque wrench when you get it in so that it stays tight for multiple shooting sessions.

Make sure you are getting the suppressor tightened down on the taper really tight. Give it a good snap with your wrist.

If the muzzle device doesn't come off with the suppressor when you unscrew it, it's on tight enough on the barrel threads.
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I just put a wrench on it and snugged it up
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ended up kneeing it and torqueing it from about 12oclock hand tightened to 1-1:30 with a 3/4 open end wrench

Probably could not have got it much tighter without a vice - wrench flats lined up so that the barrel adapter doesn't interfere with then gen 5 recoil spring.

Shot a few few mags and removed/re-installed the obsidian 9 a bunch of times - barrel adapter stayed secure and suppressor stayed tight to threads through multiple mags.  

Installing/removing the can is so much faster than direct thread.  The "pop" of the taper disengaging when you remove it is very satisfying.

9/10 from me - wish it came with a thread protector I could hand thread on (I'm not interested in the carry comps).

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 11:26:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice. Glad to see you figured it out. You'll enjoy this system. I won't buy a pistol can if I can't get an EZ lok piston for it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I was looking into these and then read that there could be an issue with Gen 5 19s?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top