Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 9:29:57 PM EDT
Gotta say this thing was worth the wait... Almost 2 months.

I'll give someone a shiny quarter if you can guess who made it

I'm going to do a mini review later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mini review: CADEX Defense p/n MP5-1165
  • Dimensions: 3.94 x 2 x 1.78 (10.03 x 5.1 x 4.52 cm)
  • Weight: 0.27 lbs (124 grams)
  • Material: Aluminum 6061-T6

** Good guesses - No one get's the quarter...

I originally saw this forend on an MP5 carried by an ERT within the Canadian RCMP. Started digging for info which led me to CADEX Defense.

So, as stated, the handguard is from CADEX Defense out of Canada, our great white northern neighbors and this handguard is considered the Canadian cousin to the KAC MP5 RAS.

A little about CADEX Defense. They are a one stop shop for Police/Military and civilian market. What they're really known for, especially here in the States are ultra high quality, precision bolt guns.

For 15 Years Cadex has offered our customers complete service from design and prototype to a full production capability with high quality and service. Our mission is to provide top quality equipment for the military, special forces and security fields. From initial concept, through design, to the delivery of the final product, Cadex is the all-in-one solution

Cadex has a long record of providing high end tools to worldwide military units, Special Operations Forces, and Law Enforcement agencies.
View Quote

Fit and finish:

Amazing! The machining and quality are second to none as all edges are chamfered so it feels smooth but not slippery.

Not sure what they used to coat it with, anodizing, etc... But it's nice. Smooth but not slippery is really the best way to describe it.

The front extends just to the front triple frame on the bottom and the right and just shy of the pin/sling point on the left.

I really like the extended front section of the rail. I shoot thumb over bore and the extension helps me get my hand further up in the gun.

It's secured via two hex head screws that feed in from the front and into the pin as shown. This makes a very solid mounting system.

* One thing to note - The left side picatinny rail can be removed utilizing the 2 screws. Once removed, it's slick side with just the vent holes. This is perhaps, due to the fact this side get's a lot of attention with charging handle.

** Also to note is that the left side is narrower with the picatinny rail attached than the right. Only by like 1.5mm or so.

In all I would say this compares and maybe even surpasses the KAC MP5 RAS, which I really like and almost got, and I'm completely satisfied with this handguard.

Function:

It's a Mil-Spec Mil-Std-1913 Picatinny rail system and functions as such. But with a little flair.

Price:

$257.63. I ordered direct from CADEX Defense with a Military discount.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 9:38:43 PM EDT
[#1]
How do you like it?
My K is setup for things that go bump in the night, with the little Midwest Industries rail and HLG combo. Love it.

Thinking about taking the MRO and included rail off of the K and moving it to an Sp5, and putting the Trij night irons on the K as backup to the HLG.

Are you thinking of putting anything else on that?
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do you like it?
My K is setup for things that go bump in the night, with the little Midwest Industries rail and HLG combo. Love it.

Thinking about taking the MRO and included rail off of the K and moving it to an Sp5, and putting the Trij night irons on the K as backup to the HLG.

Are you thinking of putting anything else on that?
View Quote

It's pretty nice, extremely well made, quality.

I don't use the irons at all, just the Eotech on both my 9kt and this one. But yes, I will set it up to my liking. Since I just got it, I'm trying different setups.

Speaking of iron sights and off topic... I'm seriously considering cutting them off.

MP5KA1 - no sights

I've seen some mp5's with no iron sights at all as well, Polizei stuff.

I planned on modifying these guns and this is why I got clones.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:50:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:

It's pretty nice, extremely well made, quality.

I don't use the irons at all, just the Eotech on both my 9kt and this one. But yes, I will set it up to my liking. Since I just got it, I'm trying different setups.

Speaking of iron sights and off topic... I'm seriously considering cutting them off.

I've seen some mp5's with no iron sights at all, like the front triple frame was a double. And rear sight was never there.

I planned on modifying these guns and this is why I got clones.
View Quote

Pretty happy with the Eotech on it? I'm undecided on an optic right now, trying to decide between an Eotech or MRO.
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:59:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Pretty happy with the Eotech on it? I'm undecided on an optic right now, trying to decide between an Eotech or MRO.
View Quote
It works very well on my 9ct. I'm running the EXPS3-0. I've also used an MRO but just prefer the donut of death reticle.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 1:08:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Cough up the handguard mfg and no one gets hurt

My Midwest Mlok handguard us perfectly functional but the pic rail looks so much better.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#6]
My guess for the rail is that it is a KAC unit.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 11:20:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Is that the new B&T?
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#8]
A company whos employees say:

Ni!

?
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Good guesses.. Updated my original post with the answer and a review
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Johnny_Longslide:
Good guesses.. Updated my original post with the answer and a review
View Quote

Thanks for sharing the details and the review. That left side able to go slick is a nifty feature and has my attention.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:28:17 PM EDT
[#11]
It's probably super, super petty, but I really don't like that it has the actual website of the company printed on the side like that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2020 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#12]
I really like that and need something I can put a light on, but I’m so hung up on the traditional look of the standard fore grip, I can’t bring myself to change it.

Link Posted: 5/9/2020 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I really like that and need something I can put a light on, but I'm so hung up on the traditional look of the standard fore grip, I can't bring myself to change it.

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img921/3906/zvxDZK.jpg
View Quote

Tri-rails (m-lok even) on these are really not everyone's bag, although I do like the look and classic lines of an unmolested MP5.
Link Posted: 5/10/2020 1:31:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I don’t hate PTR’s MLOK rail enough to spend a couple hundred on a replacement.  The logo is lame but that’s my only complaint.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 10:29:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Very nice.
If I end up adding a 9CT to the collection I may put one of those on it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 12:39:51 PM EDT
[#16]
It looks like it's already bending your handguard retainer with the forward pressure.
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:10:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It looks like it's already bending your handguard retainer with the forward pressure.
View Quote

I got a little overzealous initially and overtightened the screws. I have since backed them off and the retainer is straight.

They screws only need to be snug.

Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
PTR does not put a sling swivel on the front sight tower?
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 1:34:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Nope.

But they do on the K... weird.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Who makes the side folding stock?
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Who makes the side folding stock?
View Quote
@Buck_Naked

I get this question a lot

Stocks are Lage Manufacturing w/ right side, 5 degree cant folder, mounted using MP5/MP5K ace adapters.

These make it much easier to use higher optics that clear the front sight hood, more heads up shooting and still get a pretty decent cheek weld.

The 9kt has a 8.5" stock and the 9ct is 7.5". This gives both a 13" LOP.

One caveat is that with the use of these stocks you will not be able to use the iron sights effectively.

Link Posted: 5/24/2020 4:34:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
@Buck_Naked

I get this question a lot

Stocks are Lage Manufacturing w/ right side, 5 degree cant folder, mounted using MP5/MP5K ace adapters.

These make it much easier to use higher optics that clear the front sight hood, more heads up shooting and still get a pretty decent cheek weld.

The 9kt has a 8.5" stock and the 9ct is 7.5". This gives both a 13" LOP.

One caveat is that with the use of these stocks you will not be able to use the iron sights effectively.

View Quote

Thanks for the info!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top