Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2018 1:09:55 AM EDT
I'm looking for a good take down case that will hold the Ruger PC Carbine broken down and hold the two halves securely and ideally separated. I have a bulldog case now that works but it doesn't have a shoulder strap and it doesn't really lock the pieces down so they just flop around inside there.. If I could carry it like a backpack that'd be cool. It'd have to fit a red dot I have mounted to the barrel too.

Blackhawk used to make this discrete tennis rachet looking thing that looked nice but it seems like they discontinued it which is a bummer.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Blackhawk used to make this discrete tennis rachet looking thing that looked nice but it seems like they discontinued it which is a bummer.
View Quote
Well, shit.  I have one of those bags for my Scorpion Carbine, and just this weekend was thinking of buying another for my PCC.
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 11:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Well, shit.  I have one of those bags for my Scorpion Carbine, and just this weekend was thinking of buying another for my PCC.
View Quote
If they make it I can't find it anywhere.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:40:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Try this, works for my Ruger PCC cold link BTW: https://www.ebay.com/itm/323306429134
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:29:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought this one.  It is near identical in every way to my Ruger 10/22 takedown bags.  The quality is great.   Takedown Bag
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish they didn't have that logo on them. I also wonder how they'll work with a red dot mounted to the gun barrel.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Check out the Condor 26 Transporter Gun Bag.  I have the Bulldog case and the condor and, while I like the Bulldog, I much prefer the condor.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:12:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 10:19:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Check out the Condor 26 Transporter Gun Bag.  I have the Bulldog case and the condor and, while I like the Bulldog, I much prefer the condor.
View Quote
Fucking hell that is perfect. I have one of their bags for my Tavor and I agree the bulldog is ok the Condor is great. I didn't know they made a discrete bag like that. Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 11:58:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Fucking hell that is perfect. I have one of their bags for my Tavor and I agree the bulldog is ok the Condor is great. I didn't know they made a discrete bag like that. Thank you.
View Quote
No problem.  Glad to hear you think it’ll work.  It seemed like it had all the features you were wishing the bulldog case had.

I use mine for both a Scorpion carbine (folded) and a broken down AR.  It works very well, and the mag pouch pocket on the side is great.
Link Posted: 8/16/2018 1:43:46 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been looking for a case for mine too. Looking for something less tactical, that doesn't scream "I'm a gun case." Still not set on anything yet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 8:22:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah I'd like something less gun case myself. Might end up with the Condor but man am I bummed that there's no more Blackhawk racket bag thing.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 9:48:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought this one.  It is near identical in every way to my Ruger 10/22 takedown bags.  The quality is great.   Takedown Bag
View Quote
I might go this route, myself.  A little bummed it cannot be had in other colors, though.  But for the price and size?  Great item to get stuff to and from the range without raising the eyebrows of my neighbors.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#13]
This is what I suggest.  I use the older one for my MSAR STG-556.

The internal pocket holds the barrel:

Attachment Attached File

Rest of the rifle goes on top:
Attachment Attached File

Closed up, the MSAR is a little snug in there, but I also managed to fit a sling, couple of mags, and a pair of gloves inside.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 12:06:39 PM EDT
[#14]
I use this one in blue:

https://www.bulldogcases.com/product/ultra-compact-ar15-discreet-sporting-rifle-case/

Attachment Attached File

$33 on Amazon

Nevermind - just saw that you already have a Bulldog.  I'm going back to sleep.
Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm using a Skinner Sights case with my PC Carbine. I originally purchased it for use with my 10/22 takedown, but I'm not going to use optics on the PC Carbine which makes the case a better fit:

Link Posted: 8/20/2018 4:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]
was going to suggest this as well. I added the padded divider from SO Tech (which is what the Maratac bag is cloned from), so that the halves don't clunk around against each other.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:56:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is nearly perfect for me as well.   I was looking for something semi-discrete that could be stored long-term in an 120mm ammo can.   Think of it as a poor man's SHTF cache.....   ref:  https://www.amazon.com/120MM-Tall-Ammo-Can-Grade/dp/B00A9TD86U   Throw a couple of desiccant packs and a few boxes of ammo in there along with the case and stash it at my buddies for a rainy day.

2Hut8
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I just bought a PC Carbine. I've had this Eagle bag for 15-ish years. I'm told it was designed for an MP5. It fits the Uzi perfectly. Not bad for the carbine either.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top