Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2023 11:09:51 PM EDT
I have a few pair of the PIG Alpha from I bought from SKD and was looking to upgrade to a tougher pair of gloves. Something with a semi stick palm, some knuckle protection, Velcro closer and puncture resistance. Looking a some of the Blackhawk line. Years ago I bought a pair of USA made Ballistic googles from Botach and they no longer carry that brand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 11:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Re: Gloves

May not check every box but fantastic in the cold and great dexterity, durability, and price

https://www.viktos.com/collections/gloves/products/wartorn
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 7:50:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Outdoor Research Ironsight Sensor

Not much in the way of knuckle protection but they are grippy and very durable. I usually burn through the finger tips on Mechanix gloves in a year of training or work; these have held up to nearly 2 years so far with no appreciable wear. They get washed whenever I touch something nasty with them and it hasn't phased them. Being able to use a phone with them on is also a plus. They seem fairly cut and puncture resistant, but I also don't stick my fingers where I can't see.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The Wiley X Combat Assault Gloves are an old design and they're nowhere near as "second skin" like as your SKD Alphas, but they do offer hard knuckle protection.  

I believe Magpul has some new gloves with padded foam knuckle protection.  

In terms of Ballistic Googles I'm a big fan of my ESS Influx Pivot goggles.  They vent really well and provide excellent protection.  Treat them with some anti-fog like "cat crap" and they're pretty nice.  They are a bit on the bulky side, but are capable of accepted Rx inserts and although I do lose some FOV through them when using Night Vision it's not a massive loss in FOV as I can get the Night Vision pretty close.  I know a lot of guys just run glasses, but I've seen way too many eye injuries over the years especially recently reported eye injuries in Ukraine where guys are catching shrapnel in their eyeballs (not good).  God only gives you one pair of eyes and I protect them.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 8:56:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I was forced to wear eyeglasses since 4th grade.

Never liked doing so but no alternative.

I can say for damn certain that I would be blind in one eye except for my wearing eyeglasses at all waking hours.

Working at Eletric Boat (Quonset, RI, 1970's era), I had minor eye injuries even though wearing ALL possible eye-protective gear available at the time.

Lucky to have survived that environment.  Quit once I realized that no matter how personally cautious I was, it was an environment that would eventually severely injure me or kill me.  

I witnessed many folks at EB being injured, after being individually and specifically being warned about their habits.

It was easy to see the folks who ignored our advice and became "casualties".

Same thing with Soldiers/Marines during combat.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Wiley X Combat Assault Gloves are an old design and they're nowhere near as "second skin" like as your SKD Alphas, but they do offer hard knuckle protection.  

I believe Magpul has some new gloves with padded foam knuckle protection.  

In terms of Ballistic Googles I'm a big fan of my ESS Influx Pivot goggles.  They vent really well and provide excellent protection.  Treat them with some anti-fog like "cat crap" and they're pretty nice.  They are a bit on the bulky side, but are capable of accepted Rx inserts and although I do lose some FOV through them when using Night Vision it's not a massive loss in FOV as I can get the Night Vision pretty close.  I know a lot of guys just run glasses, but I've seen way too many eye injuries over the years especially recently reported eye injuries in Ukraine where guys are catching shrapnel in their eyeballs (not good).  God only gives you one pair of eyes and I protect them.
View Quote

I'm looking at the ESS eye pro profile NVG. It says it has "high impact protection," but doesn't elaborate. I'm interested in quality eye pro that won't fall off, has ballistic protection (as much as can be expected), has good field of vision, and is decently anti-fog. Being able to use it with night vision is a plus, but not imperative.

Also looking at this:

https://tacticalgear.com/revision-military-wolfspider-goggle-deluxe-clear-solar-and-yellow-high-contrast-black
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top