Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2018 2:18:11 PM EDT
I've always wanted the classic LMT style one due to those classic 80's movies with them (Predator, Death Wish IV, Scarface, etc).

The price tag (and form 4) always scared me away.  However, this seems to be a good deal.  Anyone know about this company?

I realize it is rail mounted, but maybe it will look close enough on a MOE handguard?

The classic LMT style ones go for $2500 right?
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Last I checked list price on the LMT203 was about 1600.  I paid about 1300 for mine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 4:09:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Last I checked list price on the LMT203 was about 1600.  I paid about 1300 for mine.
View Quote
$1200 including the tax stamp is like $1000 for the 203.  You think I can get the LMT for $1300 ($1500 after stamp)?  Where does one get the handguards and stuff?  
Obviously assuming clean record, is the form 4 shall issue, or do the police department have any say?
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I paid 1300ish, maybe 1360 before tax.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine was $1200 something iirc. Rail mount though, I like to use it on multiple types of guns.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 5:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I think you would be happier with a LMT launcher as everything will fit better.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#6]
With them paying the stamp, its not a bad deal... as long as you're not looking for a mil spec unit.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:26:20 AM EDT
[#7]
R M Equipment has been around and making their version of the 203 for a while now, at least since the 90's. I'm not familiar with their pricing. They advertised their version as fitting many foreign weapon systems, but I don't know if they have one standardized receiver, or multiple models.

All the holes in that pic would suggest a standardized receiver.

The downside is lower height (on AR family), and it's probably a few ounces heavier.

That price looks tempting though.

I'd call RM and get more details about their design and mount availability. Also ask if they've sold factory seconds, anything with problems, upgrades to receiver design, or just anything you'd be wise to watch out for on the used market.

If you have multiple classic weapons (no long rail on bottom) that they offer mounts for, assuming you want to be able to install the 203 on them, it might be the way to go.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#8]
For long term happiness, just go with a new LMT. No worries about parts availability or things not being to spec. With LMT, they are the standard.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 3:11:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd honestly seriously consider going with a standard mount instead of a rail mount. As is my LMT can only be mounted on the Mark 18 because no other rail system I own is strong enough - and even the Mk18 rails eventually will bend from what I understand.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah looks like a good deal to me. But yeah I'm also a fan of the standard mount over the rail mount, it's stronger from what I've heard. If you do get the rail mounted one make sure it's a very strong rail. Heard of rails sheering off before.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'd honestly seriously consider going with a standard mount instead of a rail mount. As is my LMT can only be mounted on the Mark 18 because no other rail system I own is strong enough - and even the Mk18 rails eventually will bend from what I understand.
View Quote
As always, 'to each their own', I personally wouldn't use anything but a rail mount. Rails can be replaced. I currently mount mine on a Mega Megalithic upper. It's plenty strong enough. I'm a little concerned about pic rails going away and limiting my mounting options, but for now I can mount mine on multiple ARs, an AK, and my CETME.
Link Posted: 7/18/2018 12:54:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
You can't mount a standard M203 to the DD MK18 RIS II rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top