Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2023 12:56:33 PM EDT
My 8-9 year old T.D’s trigger seems to be getting worse. It may just need a good cleaning but it’s a good excuse to get a new trigger. Who makes a good 2-3lb trigger? I shoot the rifle a lot with gloves on.

Attachment Attached File

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Ruger BX Trigger, cheap and effective
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 1:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]
If you want to keep the factory trigger and just improve it, get this.  MidwayUSA Vol Target Hammer Kit Ruger 10/22

If you want to also replace the trigger, get this.  MidwayUSA Vol trigger.  

Note, I have both parts in two 10/22, but I don't shoot with gloves on.  Not sure if the Vol trigger would make much difference with gloves on or not.  The Hammer Kit really works well on its own.
Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The easiest and closest feeling to what you have now would be a Ruger BX.  They come in around 2.5-3lbs.  It is a noticeable difference over a factory 10/22 trigger.

You could also go all out and get a Kidd or Volquartsen trigger assembly.  You could buy the Kidd or Volquartsen kit and install it yourself into your trigger housing.

If it were me and I was not planning on shooting for groups from a bench, I would get the BX trigger assembly.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2023 2:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks all. I ordered the BX.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you want to keep the factory trigger and just improve it, get this.  MidwayUSA Vol Target Hammer Kit Ruger 10/22

If you want to also replace the trigger, get this.  MidwayUSA Vol trigger.  

Note, I have both parts in two 10/22, but I don't shoot with gloves on.  Not sure if the Vol trigger would make much difference with gloves on or not.  The Hammer Kit really works well on its own.
View Quote

Quoted:
Thanks all. I ordered the BX.
View Quote

OP already made a purchase, but I'll bet that people are still reading and looking to upgrade.

Let us know how you like it, OP.  I tried a BX at a store (Ruger wanted people to try it and packaged it that way - smart).  Not bad and definite improvement. I doubt that you'll regret it.

I got the VQ Target Hammer Kit a few years ago.  It was a big improvement I highly recommend it.  It wasn't a big deal to install.  I can't comment on the trigger linked above, but everything I've got from VQ is quality.

Link Posted: 5/28/2023 9:57:01 AM EDT
[#6]
This is my preferred solution... KIDD "Trigger Job" Kit
Link Posted: 5/28/2023 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. You can't get a better trigger for the money.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 3:06:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.

On the cheap the VQ hammer is a solid value.  Couple tweaks helps it along.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 8:33:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Got a chance to try it. The BX works well and is a significant improvement.
I’ll be using it for ground squirrels this coming week.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ll put a fourth to this.  I’ve shot a few 10/22 triggers.  Nothing wrong with a BX and it is probably better with gloves on.  The BX should be the standard trigger though.  I love how Kidde addressed the mating surfaces and improved the design to give a light, crisp, reliable trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top