Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2020 6:40:06 PM EDT
12/16 Kits are once again gone.

11/23: Looks like kits are back! Still $600 as well.

https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/DPM-PARTS-KIT-WITH-LIVE-BARREL-192p7595.htm

Kits are now gone. I hope at least a few people here were able to take advantage of the chance!

Robert RTG has Polish DPM kits with live barrel. Pre-06 import. Anyone else who has been needing some parts - there's the whole kit for a reasonable enough price.

ETA: Looks like he's down to 79 kits as of right now if the inventory system on his site is correct. It usually is pretty accurate. Considering he started with about 200 kits these have already lasted longer than I expected.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one on the way.

I have a kit in my shop already, but I needed a barrel. $350 for a barrel or $600 for a whole kit, I had to do it
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one on the way.

I have a kit in my shop already, but I needed a barrel. $350 for a barrel or $600 for a whole kit, I had to do it
View Quote

That's exactly why I bought a bunch. New old stock factory barrels for $600 - the rest of the parts are a bonus.

ETA: Out of curiosity I checked the stock again. 57 kits remain.
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:14:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I just received a very new - I would say excellent condition - DPM kit made in 1954.

It's a crying shame these beauties were cut into kits but what kits they make!
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:30:20 PM EDT
[#4]
What does it take to reassemble one of these?  Where would one source a new lower receiver?
Link Posted: 9/24/2020 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What does it take to reassemble one of these?  Where would one source a new lower receiver?
View Quote

Welding and conversion of the bolt to closed bolt and using a striker or hammer.

The upper is the receiver.

It's more involved than some builds but it's not terrible even including the semi conversion. Without that it's a bit of cleaning up the cuts and welding - preferably with a jig of either aluminum or copper.

ETA: I should add that SMG Guns has rewelded receivers and semi-auto conversion parts available for sale if you'd rather go that route. They include directions last I knew.

And for anyone who needs some extra mags - Bowman has crates for around $30 per mag after freight and the 4% card fee.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I hate to keep bumping this - but I dislike the thought of someone not getting a long-awaited DPM kit or barrel much more. Personally I thought I had entirely missed the boat on ever getting an intact original chrome lined barrel.

Last I looked there are 34 kits left.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Wish just the barrel was offered,  I dont mind using a repro barrel if I ever get one of these.  I already have a mint kit at 10 records.
Link Posted: 9/26/2020 11:10:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wish just the barrel was offered,  I dont mind using a repro barrel if I ever get one of these.  I already have a mint kit at 10 records.
View Quote

SMG Guns sells barrels.

For $336-386 depending on if you want it blued or if you want to send your parts in to populate the barrel.

Might as well get the rest of the parts for not much more. Now the only barrel I need to find is a DTM barrel - which will likely need to be a repro.
Link Posted: 9/29/2020 5:47:59 PM EDT
[#9]
This is probably heading toward last call. There are 21 kits/barrels remaining according to the inventory system.

ETA: Down to 4 kits left.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Looks like one kit is left.
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:57:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow!
Link Posted: 9/30/2020 10:59:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Mine is supposed to arrive tomorrow!
View Quote

All of mine arrived already - but I'm within driving distance for a day trip.

Every kit I've seen anyone get has been practically perfect. I bet you'll be delighted!
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 9:51:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/1/2020 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I ordered mine on Monday and will be arriving tomorrow per UPS.  I really don't need a DPM kit as I already have 3 complete DP kits w/live barrels (plus 2 extra spare barrels from Omega Weapons when they had them) but it was a great deal and couldn't pass it up.
View Quote

Can you really have too many spare parts and barrel assemblies for something like this? It's not like parts are made with any regularity any more. For the SOTs here it makes more sense to have a spare carrier and lower and register one of those rather than the receiver itself.

Then of course there are the benefits to having spare barrels to swap out and parts to either use or copy if anything breaks during mag dumps. Even as a semi build - they can really get going from a bipod!

Bump Fire: Polish 1954 Degtyaryov DPM LMG

(Not my video)
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#15]
We have a thread over at weapons guild to try and match people’s kits togethor. Check it out
Link Posted: 10/2/2020 5:23:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Trying to match in what way?

I have entirely matching kits as received - did I just luck out?
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 5:22:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trying to match receiver serials to parts kit serials. The kits all match, but the recievers dont.
Link Posted: 10/12/2020 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Trying to match receiver serials to parts kit serials. The kits all match, but the recievers dont.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I apparently have incredible luck. Three of three, matching numbers.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 9:43:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Kits are now gone. I hope at least a few people here were able to take advantage of the chance!

Robert RTG has Polish DPM kits with live barrel. Pre-06 import. Anyone else who has been needing some parts - there's the whole kit for a reasonable enough price.

ETA: Looks like he's down to 79 kits as of right now if the inventory system on his site is correct. It usually is pretty accurate. Considering he started with about 200 kits these have already lasted longer than I expected.
View Quote

RTG PARTS have more Polish DPM kits in stock as of 11-22. I don’t know how to check their inventory hopefully somebody can chime in and give that information.
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 10:34:19 AM EDT
[#20]
110 right now.

If you try to add say, 1000 kits to your cart, it will tell you how many are in stock.

Great, now I have to wait longer to see if my serial matches any one else's gun.  
Link Posted: 11/23/2020 12:15:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

RTG PARTS have more Polish DPM kits in stock as of 11-22. I don’t know how to check their inventory hopefully somebody can chime in and give that information.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads-up! I may have to grab a couple more - especially since they're still reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 12/2/2020 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Looks like there are still 65 to be had.

I'm trying to not buy too many - as if there's such a thing.
Link Posted: 12/15/2020 1:31:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Might be the last call - RTG's down to the last 9 as of right now.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#24]
They are back in stock. Just ordered one for myself!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:52:29 PM EDT
[#25]
How are the cuts on the folks that have received them? Locking shoulder recesses nice/intact, or torched through?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How are the cuts on the folks that have received them? Locking shoulder recesses nice/intact, or torched through?
View Quote

Mine were intact and very nice. The cuts are beautiful compared to some other kits I have gotten
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 8:50:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I picked up a kit. Anyone know what I need to do a semi build? (I know this is an mg thread ... )
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I picked up a kit. Anyone know what I need to do a semi build? (I know this is an mg thread ... )
View Quote

Learn to weld?

In all seriousness - check out the Weapons Guild forum. Not only have a bunch of guys on there made semi-auto DPM/DTM setups but there are a ton of suppliers and suggestions on how to do it. There's no one way to go.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 1:54:36 AM EDT
[#29]
I need to figure out the easiest way to go about converting it to a semi.. Definite more than one way to do it.

BTW anyone who gets the kit, go here and post your 2 serial numbers in hopes to find your matching receiver...

https://weaponsguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=84743.0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top