Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2019 2:08:56 AM EDT
Considering SBR’ing a G17. Once done I may wind up trying a couple stocks. Is having multiple Glocks a problem “constructive possession” or some crap. Or is having one stamped gtg as long as none of the stock are ever attached to the non stamped guns.

Would be a similar situation to having multiple short uppers for an ar sbr while owning other non sbr ar’s.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 2:20:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Why would you want to SBR a G17? Honest question. It is a good handgun yet not my first pick yet so many others would be my first pic for SBR like Uzi or Macs. Something that would benefit with a stock/brace.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 2:58:51 AM EDT
[#2]
A G17 with a Fab Defense stock is a much lighter and compact package than an AR9, UZI, MP5 etc.

What’s the point of a 6# 9mm sbr? My SBR AR15 is less than 5# with a red dot and a can.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why would you want to SBR a G17?
View Quote
So he can do this >
Magpul Industries SHOTSHOW 2008 Part 2
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would you want to SBR a G17?
So he can do this >
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s
I’m forgot about that. How much for a 3D printer? Down a rabbit hole I go...

Homemade FMG
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Constructive possession only applies when there is NO legal use for a part that would be used to create the illegal weapon.

As long as there is a legal use for all the "extra parts" you are fine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I've SBR'd a G17. Why? Because I can. Here are the two stocks that I use...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/20/2019 10:56:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I thought long and hard about SBR my G40 10mm. I even bought a endo tactical brace that I modified to fit the larger frame Gen4 guns. I ran it with a shockwave pistol brace once on the range.

It was nice feeling but seems like it could be done a better way.

Still waiting on someone to make a stock that will fit the G21,G20,G40 sized guns. A stock that is functional but minimalist.
Link Posted: 11/21/2019 10:39:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I went with a minimalist G45 SBR. I didn’t buy the stock until after my form 1 cleared, but I’m sure many people don’t wait.

The foregrip can be installed with the stock folded, I just don’t  have a picture of it. Without the foregrip the stock can be folded and the rifle (pistol? )holstered.

I recently purchased a 9mm CMMG Banshee pistol and a Dead Air Wolfman. Can’t say for sure if I would have SBRed the glock if I had purchased the Banshee first, but I am glad to have it.

The Banshee is the clear winner when it comes to the fun factor, but a lot of that has to do the with Fostech Echo AR II trigger.

The glock is the clear winner when it comes to having a very concealable 9mm rifle.

Accuracy and perceived recoil is about the same on both set ups.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 11:05:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I have an SBRd Glock 34. Love it. I never liked the "unsupported" stocks, so I use an Endo adapter and a CTR stock. It's great. Much lighter than any PCC, ultra reliable, super compact. I might try one of those folder adapters that they make for 22 ARs that don't need a buffer to make it fold up even smaller.
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:27:23 AM EDT
[#10]
I love the new fab defense stock.  Folds up super compact and I could still use it as a pistol if needed.  Lightweight and solid under recoil. Great little backpack gun that adds a bit of versatility to a pistol (obviously an sbr in this case).
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 12:47:54 AM EDT
[#11]
How does that vfg treat ya? Any issues with it coming loose / pooping off?
Link Posted: 12/3/2019 9:36:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How does that vfg treat ya? Any issues with it coming loose / pooping off?
View Quote
Not at all.  It has a screw that secures it thorough where the light mounts.  It’s very solid.  Honesty I don’t know how it would accidentally come off with how it’s secured.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 8:20:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I have the 3rd gen Roni kit and love it, super light, 33 round mags and a spare up front.
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 11:23:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I love the new fab defense stock.  Folds up super compact and I could still use it as a pistol if needed.  Lightweight and solid under recoil.
View Quote
How solid under recoil is it?

Any high speed footage of it on a G18?
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:13:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How solid under recoil is it?

Any high speed footage of it on a G18?
View Quote
Hmmm not as solid as something like an endo stock but more than solid enough to be comfortable and secure.  Honesty I have zero problems shooting it.  I wish I had a g18 to test with it
Link Posted: 12/6/2019 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top