Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2023 10:28:55 PM EDT
Anyone heard of GiantMouse? Nice looking EDC folders in Micaeta handles.

Saw a mini review in a gun mag and they caught my eye.

Giant Mouse ACE
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#1]
To be fair I hear they are decent knives.

That said they are Chinese made and often are a knock off design.

I tend to buy high end knives and have a thing for American made. Going beyond that I prefer to support veteran owned businesses.

I would entertain a Chinese knife for a tackle box or truck knife that I could use to save my edc from damage, if it cost 75% less.

Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I like their RIV knives but I do not like that they are made in China.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:16:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#3]
Wow, I'm confused. First off, I would never pay over $100 for a Chinese knife.

Second, the article I read lead me to believe they are made in Italy.

Also, this blatant statement on their webpage. Manufactured to exacting quality standards in Maniago, Italy

Y'all tell me...are they lying?

https://www.giantmouse.com/products/ace-clyde-natural-canvas-and-brass
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 12:43:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EzGoingKev] [#4]
Some of their knives are made in Italy and some are made in China.

My statement about being made in China pertains specifically to the RIV line that I mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 2:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By EzGoingKev:
Some of their knives are made in Italy and some are made in China.

My statement about being made in China pertains specifically to the RIV line that I mentioned.
View Quote

Gotcha. I was mostly directing my comment to the other poster.

I may give it a shot. Love the design of the ACE Clyde.

Still want a Microtech LUDT but haven’t found the color I want.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I may be wrong in my blanket statement that they were made in China. I looked into one of their knives which was made in China, and have ignored them since then.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By tightlines49:
I may be wrong in my blanket statement that they were made in China. I looked into one of their knives which was made in China, and have ignored them since then.
View Quote

Yeah, it does make me wonder what kind of quality overall comes from a company that offers "some Chinese" and "some Italian" made knives.
Link Posted: 7/24/2023 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Giant Mouse doesn’t make knives it’s a design team of Jens Anso and Jesper Vox
Fox is most likely the manufacturer of the Italian knives and they are pretty nice if in the $200 range. Lion Steel could also be involved but if you look them over the thumb hole is identical to the fox blades.
Not sure about the China knives and I don’t care to find out.
The

Link Posted: 7/24/2023 10:52:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tsg68] [#9]
Originally Posted By alpha0815:

Yeah, it does make me wonder what kind of quality overall comes from a company that offers "some Chinese" and "some Italian" made knives.
View Quote

Lol. Most companies offer China made alternative lines including names like Spyderco, Kershaw , Cold Steel, Buck, Gerber etc.

Link Posted: 7/25/2023 8:57:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: alpha0815] [#10]
Originally Posted By tsg68:

Lol. Most companies offer China made alternative lines including names like Spyderco, Kershaw , Cold Steel, Buck, Gerber etc.

View Quote

Lol.

I don’t keep up with knives like I do firearms. I personally don’t own any from manufactures that offer Chinese lines.
Link Posted: 7/28/2023 1:12:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Lol.

I don’t keep up with knives like I don’t firearms. I personally don’t own any from manufactures that offer Chinese lines.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tsg68:

Lol.

I don’t keep up with knives like I don’t firearms. I personally don’t own any from manufactures that offer Chinese lines.

I own knives from all of the above brands. Bucks, from the 70’s, Gerbers and Kershaws from the 80’s, Cold Steel from the 90’s, and Spyderco from recent production because although I think they are ugly Paramilitarys because of all of the hype (unused or carried and they are probably destined to become Christmas gifts). I am not sure “made in China” was an issue at the time.

I don’t have plans or needs for more, and I don’t want to go down the rabbit hole of country of origin. Thankfully I am at a place in my life where I buy only made in the USA.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top