Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2021 8:35:59 AM EDT
With ammo availability what it is, I decided to get a PCP rifle.  

I have plenty of ammo, but I am not shooting it like I used to.  I figured a nice airgun would make sense in these times.

So, I did a huge amount of research and the Taipan Veteran won out.  I had a few requirements, excellent accuracy, excellent trigger and made out of metal and wood. I didn't want plastic in the gun.  I was considering a Uragun, but the plastic trigger knocked it out of the competition for me.

Anyway, I've got everything in (pellets, slugs, Yong Heng compressor, etc..), but I am still waiting on the gun to arrive.

I can't wait to start shooting it!

Here's the model I am getting.

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I have no clue what a PCP even is but that looks like a cool gun.

I need to research air guns of all types a lot more.
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I just got a Benjamin Marauder so far I love this thing
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 9:05:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Starlings be damned... Nice PCP
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#4]
What happened to the other half?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have no clue what a PCP even is but that looks like a cool gun.

I need to research air guns of all types a lot more.
View Quote

Pre-charged Pneumatic
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice choice, OP.
What is the Cal and FPS/FPE with your selected projectile?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:54:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I got it in .22.

Stock I think it will do up to around 50 FPE.  If you add a plenum and mods, there are guys getting into the 100 FPE territory.

I will be plinking with 18gr FX (JSP) diablos and long range with JSP 25gr redesigns and Nielson 23gr slugs.
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 9:56:17 PM EDT
[#8]
That gun looks awesome! We have a couple airforce talon SS’s. 1 in .177 and two in .22.
   I have a yong heng compressor like u mentioned. No issues. But if u haven’t heard, it’s a good idea to go through it to check/tighten anything prior to use. I found 3 loose bolts. 1 missing seal. But extras where in the box.
   Other than that no issues
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks great.  I have read lots of good things on the air gun forums about that rifle.
Link Posted: 5/5/2021 2:28:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Yesterday I ordered a Benjamin Marauder synthetic stock .25 caliber off of Amazon Prime for $375.

Now I need pellets, a pump and an appropriate scope for it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Which pump did other PCP owners purchase?  I ordered a Hill manual pump and now I am looking at getting an electric pump.

I ordered this pump from Amazon with a 4 year warranty.

GX CS2 Portable PCP Air Compressor,4500Psi/30Mpa,Oil-Free,Powered by Car 12V DC or Home 110V AC with Adapter (Included), Paintball/Scuba Tank Compressor Pump with Extra Moisture-Oil Separator https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XYRS15R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_T7BXPF7ZNCHNFN7NY1RW
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 7:55:20 AM EDT
[#12]
I had a Taipan Mutant .22 with a CZ barrel that was an absolute laser. Used it when we lived in Hawaii for the feral roosters that couldn't tell time and would wake us up at 0200.  Had a Donnyfl moderator and just used a Benji pump.  Regret selling it.

I had a couple basic Marauders in the past. Regulated PCP is amazing.

Link Posted: 6/8/2021 10:38:45 AM EDT
[#13]
OP has it arrived yet?
Link Posted: 7/17/2021 10:56:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Is hand pumps require a few hundred pumps from empty?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 12:45:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got it in .22.

Stock I think it will do up to around 50 FPE.  If you add a plenum and mods, there are guys getting into the 100 FPE territory.

I will be plinking with 18gr FX (JSP) diablos and long range with JSP 25gr redesigns and Nielson 23gr slugs.
View Quote

What is FPE ?
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 2:26:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Foot pounds of energy.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I completely emptied my Benjamin Cayden. Took about  350 pumps to get back to 3000psi.
But I do it in 60 pump intervals to allow the pump to cool down, and not all at once.

Link Posted: 7/18/2021 11:15:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, from a drained gun (like after you have been doing some valve work) it can take a few hundred pumps to full.  Also, with hand pumping, you should stop every 50 to 75 pumps to let the pump cool.  The faster you tend to pump, the more frequent your stops should be. Slow and smooth helps keep the heat down.  

For most shooting, you do not drain the on-board tank that much.  150 pumps is about all that you want to drop in most non-bottle guns.  Figure three to four pumps per shot to refill.  Also, .177 guns are more thrifty on air per shot than the larger calibers.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#19]
That gun is beautiful! I am seriously looking at getting into Airguns. I may get a Marauder by the end of the year. I’d like to go .22, any suggestions on starting with a Marauder? I have several scuba tanks a regularly use for wreck diving so I think I can use one for filling.
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Take a close look at the Benjamin  Craftsmen Series (Cayden/Kratos/Akela)
All made by Kral (Turkey) for Benjamin. The Cayden is a great starter PCP, you can fill with a cheap $50 eBAY pump or a compressor/Air tank.
Super accurate, smooth side lever action and runs like a regulated PCP. Triggers are extremely good for the price point.  Airguns of Arizona has an excellent price if you call them.

I've been extremely happy with mine (I looked hard at the Marauder, but wanted a side lever action vs. a bolt)
Link Posted: 7/18/2021 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
That gun is beautiful! I am seriously looking at getting into Airguns. I may get a Marauder by the end of the year. I’d like to go .22, any suggestions on starting with a Marauder? I have several scuba tanks a regularly use for wreck diving so I think I can use one for filling.
View Quote

The Marauder is a very good starting rifle, and can be tuned to your heart's content.  

Since you have SCUBA tanks already, this will make filling easy,  All you need is a yoke filling device with a female foster connector.   If you have the newer DIN type valve on your tanks, you can get a fill device made for the SCBA bottles---they will fit.  A gauge on the fill device is quite handy since you won't have to try to read the small gauge on the rifle.  Though more expensive than some makes, the ones made by Joe Baranco (Airtanks for Sale) are quite nice indeed.  Air Hog is another well respected brand as well.  

Also, with multiple tanks you can cascade fill making near max fills to 3000 psi more doable than with one tank.  If you want to only use one tank, then tuning and filling to a lower pressure works better. I have a Marauder in .177 that I fill to 150 BAR (about 2150 psi) and an Armada in .25 that I fill slightly higher to 2500 psi (about 172 BAR).  The gauge I use has both BAR and psi, so using the mixed systems works for me.  Both rifles give me enough shots per fill for my uses.
Link Posted: 7/20/2021 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice OP, tell me more about the compressor. I was thinking hand pump but the several hundred pumps may kill my fun fast.

I'm undecided on the Leshiy 2 long or FX M3 Compact
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top