Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2021 7:52:37 AM EDT
Looking for a case/bag to put my Plate carrier/duty belt/bump helmet in...   Looked at some Hardigg cases, some soft sides etc... Whats everyone using?

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:03:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Looking for a case/bag to put my Plate carrier/duty belt/bump helmet in...   Looked at some Hardigg cases, some soft sides etc... Whats everyone using?

Thanks
View Quote
For storage, I cut a rectangle slice of plywood about the width of the inside of my carrier and several inches taller.
It just sits in my gear closet at the bottom of my basement steps that I pass to and from my Gunsafe and ammo cabinet.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I hate to recommend foreign made items, but the TMC Lightweight Vehicle Storage bag looks pretty nice and I've been considering buying it myself.

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 6:10:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw the OTTE Range Gear bag in person, and I was super impressed.  I am picking one up for sure.

https://ottegear.com/collections/equipment/products/tactical-range-bag

it is spendy, but good gear is.  My plan is to use it for what you are looking for; helmet, armor, etc.

There is a discount code they offer if you sign up for their emails.

Updated since the direct link doesn't work.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:18:03 AM EDT
[#4]
@billpete  You're link takes me to a general website, any chance you can get us a mfg & description?
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:32:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I started storing mine in a Plano medium sized sportsman box. Makes it easy when going to the range.

Amazon link
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 7:40:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
@billpete  You're link takes me to a general website, any chance you can get us a mfg & description?
View Quote

Sorry about that--for some reason I put the correct link in, and then it goes to that site.  Left the link cold in the post.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I saw the OTTE Range Gear bag in person, and I was super impressed.  I am picking one up for sure.

https://ottegear.com/collections/equipment/products/tactical-range-bag

it is spendy, but good gear is.  My plan is to use it for what you are looking for; helmet, armor, etc.

There is a discount code they offer if you sign up for their emails.

Updated since the direct link doesn't work.
View Quote

That is a VERY nice bag.  Might fit my purpose perfectly. Just got a Jeep Rubicon a few months back and that thing doesn't have a ton of trunk space and is a big change from when I had a pick-up with a full sized covered bed to toss everything into.

Link Posted: 7/23/2021 3:14:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That is a VERY nice bag.  Might fit my purpose perfectly. Just got a Jeep Rubicon a few months back and that thing doesn't have a ton of trunk space and is a big change from when I had a pick-up with a full sized covered bed to toss everything into.

View Quote

It has some stays built into it which I found unique and helpful.  Helps the bag maintain its shape and not collapse on itself.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 9:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The RE Factor Enhanced Kit Bag or their ASO bag are also options depending on how big you need, but I don't know if they have any internal padding, which is something I want.

Link Posted: 7/27/2021 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I've been looking for a wheeled option for weekend trips.  There are some decent, "grayman" scuba/dive luggage options with heavy duty wheels that fit the bill for me.  I do like the larger Storm/Pelican boxes as I own a couple, but they're bulky and heavy.  Bags are good, but if they're just a shoulder strap, they can get pretty damn heavy depending on the load as well.  

ROCK6
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 2:13:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, that's the thing I don't want a bag so massive that it's a PITA to haul it around.  Wheels are great, but not so much to go over uneven terrain and haul up and down stairs (i.e. moving my gear from my basement to car in the garage).

I want a bag just big enough to fit the carrier, helmet, and gun belt that takes up as little room as possible in terms of width and depth, height I'm okay with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top