Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2018 9:27:03 PM EDT
Just finished putting together my first Garand that I have had in a while.... Mostly HRA stuff, put together on an OK condition HRA receiver... Problem was that the Op rod was binding... polished the plug, and it was binding all over, along with pretty good resistance on the 60 degree incline/decline... DAMN... thought the rod was straight. Well, it was... the problem occurred on the bar between the charging handle and the bolt locking grooves. It was at least 3 to 4 degrees (you could see it visually contacting the receiver, that's how bad it was) out of horizontal.... took my soft mallet, 2 pieces of wood, and several sharp strikes, and now it is perfectly straight and passes the tilt test perfectly... just a lesson that the Op rod might not be the only bent part of the rod itself. FWIW
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top