Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2020 4:41:58 PM EDT
I have the ace pistol in 5.56, but I'm not a fan of the folding brace that comes as standard- I'd like to be able to adjust the LOP and have a push button folding mechanism instead of the brute force "push down" one.

My rear receiver block is held in with 2 roll pins- all the adaptors I've seen have one central roll pin- see pic
Has anyone changed out their stock or got a lead on a block that would fit ?

Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:29:08 PM EDT
[#1]
New owner myself and same issue. I replaced it with a Gearhead Works, Tailhook Mod 2. Probably one of the best braces going. Between this and a Midwest Industries m-lok forend, it is substantially lighter too.

Good luck

https://gearheadworks.com/product/tailhook-mod-2-black/
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#2]
KNS Precision also manufactures some folding adapter blocks. Out of stock now, but keep checking back.
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC, the 308 has two and the others have one --as though the extra recoil will shear a 6mm pin.

The KNS block has three slots for this reason
Link Posted: 5/6/2020 2:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info guys- going to get the KNS parts and the Ace folding mechanism.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top