Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Tacked GSG/ATI vs H&K the Poll (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 1/19/2011 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#1]
H&K needs to take their ball and go home.....alll the way back to Germany.

Link Posted: 2/16/2011 5:07:49 AM EDT
[#2]
well, i bought the GSG5 for the very reason that it does in fact look exactly like the MP-5.

i would have to click the HK option simply due to the verbage of the poll question.  whether or not we think HK are dicks would be a seperate poll.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 3:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By DaveUGM:
H & K is just doing what they need to do to ensure that none of us ever give them any business. Must be nice to be so successful that you don't care how many people you piss off.

I have $1000s of dollars wrapped up in HK guns.  But this just made me want to buy a G3 clone instead of shelling out the cash for a real HK.  Screw them.
Link Posted: 4/22/2012 11:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Well with the amount of water under the bridge now with the HK suit settlement and a couple HK licensed versions of the MP-5 .22 on the market I can fully understand HK's postion on a couple different levels.

First off I would not want the HK MP5-A5 offering confused with the GSG/ATI version. The GSG feels like airsoft where the HK feels like a "real" MP-5 and is simply a better built carbine over-all.

Yeah, yeah they both  just spit .22s but with the $100.00 or so difference in price between the two HK had to be able to claim the orgional outward design back from the copy-cats. I guess it was all fun and games till their bottom line was affected.

I own the HK licenced version (MP5-A5) and I'm glad I waited before I pulled the trigger and bought a GSG 522 SD I was fondeling last year. The HK is well worth the difference in price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2012 7:03:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Im glad the ATI can still offer the GSG 522 after the h&k BS
I just bought a GSG522, had a friend with me at the time and he bought one too even when there was an h&k version right next to the GSG :)
I install the kit to make it a GSG5 just for the fact to have a GSG5 and not the 522 version.
Price was not the deciding factor in my buying the GS version over the h&k version but I just cant stand a company crying fowl just because they didnt think of making one first. But thats life and I will vote with my wallet and when it comes to my GSG5 it will be GSG parts or I make my own. No h&k parts I any way shape or form for me.
I`ll stop rambling now.
BTW
My GSG5 loves Reminton sub-sonic ammo
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Tacked GSG/ATI vs H&K the Poll (Page 2 of 2)
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top