Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2024 11:05:47 PM EDT
I purchased a box of parts and accessories and found this mount.
Would this work well with Springfield receivers?

Seems well made.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2024 2:49:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 50-140] [#1]
It should, it's hard to tell if you're missing the bolt which goes into the M1a receiver, or maybe it's just the lighting that's making it hard to see.  Amazon has an M1A scope Mount locking screw for $10 if you're missing it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 11:31:30 AM EDT
[#2]
OP, you have the third generation GDI G1-OSM scope mount. The mount was CNC machined from 17-4 precipitation hardening stainless steel and given a ferritic nitrocarburizing coating. Surface hardness is 70 to 72 Rockwell C. Yes, it's well made. Your scope mount was manufactured between 2008 and 2016. Global Defense Initiatives, Inc. (San Diego, CA) was in business from August 2002 to September 2016.

Note: the torque specification for the mount bolt attaching to the side of the receiver is 55 inch-pounds. The screw that secures the clip to the receiver just in front of the rear sight should be torqued at 45 inch-pounds per the instructions. I have a PDF copy of the GDI scope mount installation instructions. If you send me a PM/DM with an e-mail address, I'll send you the installation instructions.  HTH
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:56:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you pm sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top