Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2021 4:09:46 PM EDT
Guys
I’m looking to buy a holster for my G45 war belt set up. The G45 has suppressor height sight with RMR and X300u.

I’m looking to get a slimmer holster. Looking at Safariland level 1, any model number that comes in mind will work with my G45?

I’m open to other brand of holster as well.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 5:15:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think the most common answer would be an ALS of some type. The suppressor height sights should not be a big deal.

Depending on how much war you think your belt will see, you could opt for a TREX ragnarock and save some cash. That is the route I took, but maybe one day I will get an ALS.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#2]
If this is for a war belt, nothing beats the Safariland ALS.

Old school - 6354DO

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

New hotness - 6390RDS (has a hood that swivels out of the way on the draw).

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would think the most common answer would be an ALS of some type. The suppressor height sights should not be a big deal.

Depending on how much war you think your belt will see, you could opt for a TREX ragnarock and save some cash. That is the route I took, but maybe one day I will get an ALS.
View Quote

I almost order ragnarock last night, but for war belt set up, I wanna get better retention, that’s why I’m looking at Safariland
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#4]
View Quote

6354DO is my number one choice to be honest. But the I heard in order to make it work with RMR, I would need to trim some part of holster out? I don’t know if I wanna bother with that, I’m not particularly good with hands
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#5]
View Quote
FUUUUUCK a hood.
Extra-hate hoods. There is exactly zero reason for them to exist aside from appeasing some risk-analytics department lawyer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:01:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
6354DO is my number one choice to be honest. But the I heard in order to make it work with RMR, I would need to trim some part of holster out? I don’t know if I wanna bother with that, I’m not particularly good with hands
View Quote

It's likely that you will need to trim. Honestly, there is no reason at all to get a 6354DO anymore. What you want specifically is one of the holsters from the new RDS lineup as shows above, like the 6390RDS.  

Don't get a Ragnarok.
Link Posted: 7/21/2021 9:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
FUUUUUCK a hood.
Extra-hate hoods. There is exactly zero reason for them to exist aside from appeasing some risk-analytics department lawyer.
View Quote

Why the hate? They don't get in the way, don't slow down the draw, etc. They don't do anything negative at all. All they do is protect your optic from precipitation, mud, blood, etc.

I think you're confusing this (protection) hood with a retention hood. Totally different things.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I almost order ragnarock last night, but for war belt set up, I wanna get better retention, that’s why I’m looking at Safariland
View Quote

Hey man, you do you. Was just giving a humble opinion. My holsters are used at work and for comps. The ALS for me was not an option because I wanted no locking mechanisms besides trigger guard retention, or light retention for my holsters with lights. So far, I have not had a problem with a gun falling out or anything. From the little knowledge I have, the ALS seems like it is the best option for 'war', but if you have other needs for the holster, maybe shop around to find something that fits multiple roles. In my case, that was the Ragnarok.

Let us know what you ended up with. Then let us know how the Safariland website pissed you off while trying to find the right model hahah. Also worth noting: I have seen around here that people who get the ALS with the hood will take off the hood since it is not a point of retention. That may be an option as well if you choose a model with the hood.

ETA: I am looking at Safariland right now. I was looking at an ALS for my CZ P-09. Two questions: If you use a pistol with a hammer and carry it loaded and on safe; during the draw and unlocking, does your thumb mess with the safety because you are applying pressure in the same area on the draw? I hope that made sense. Second, they look like they already come with a UBL. Is it permanently attached? I have a few holsters that I switch out on a constant basis so I use their QLS system and would like an ALS that is removable.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's likely that you will need to trim. Honestly, there is no reason at all to get a 6354DO anymore. What you want specifically is one of the holsters from the new RDS lineup as shows above, like the 6390RDS.  

Don't get a Ragnarok.
View Quote

I like 6354DO because it’s little slimmer than 6390RDS. I don’t know how much love I can have 6390 tbh, just look and feel bulky

Any level 1 ALS model that will fit G45?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:36:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Depending on what retention you want id say safariland 6360rds. If you only want the als lever then go with that option ,6390 i think.

Either way, the ot defense nub mod will help you hit the als lever if you have issues with defeating the als lever on the draw.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

I didn't have to do anything to my 6354DO to make it fit perfectly with my G45 MOS w/RMR or my G45 with JagerWerks optics cut and RMR.

I will note that the 6354DO I ordered is made for the G34/G35. I purchased this model to future proof in the event I end up getting a comp or G17/G34 in the future. As it sits, it works fine with my G19, G19x, G19 MOS, G45, G45 MOS, G45 with Zev Duty Slide. I can even run a TLR-7A (instead of the X300U A/B and TLR-1 HL models that it was designed for).

As far as the hood on the 6390RDS, I don't understand all the hate. The system works flawlessly and keeps gunk off the RMR glass. You can also, easily remove the hood if you want. All in all, I think the 6390RDS is a better holster than the 6354DO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:26:37 AM EDT
[#12]
The Safariland Holster Finder works.

The newer holsters should be fine with suppressor-height sights. Good advice mentioned above is to go with a G34 holster if you ever think you might add a threaded barrel. This also assumes you have a weapon-light on your G45.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:37:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I didn't have to do anything to my 6354DO to make it fit perfectly with my G45 MOS w/RMR or my G45 with JagerWerks optics cut and RMR.

I will note that the 6354DO I ordered is made for the G34/G35. I purchased this model to future proof in the event I end up getting a comp or G17/G34 in the future. As it sits, it works fine with my G19, G19x, G19 MOS, G45, G45 MOS, G45 with Zev Duty Slide. I can even run a TLR-7A (instead of the X300U A/B and TLR-1 HL models that it was designed for).

As far as the hood on the 6390RDS, I don't understand all the hate. The system works flawlessly and keeps gunk off the RMR glass. You can also, easily remove the hood if you want. All in all, I think the 6390RDS is a better holster than the 6354DO.
View Quote

Thanks for the advice. I’ll just average Joe buy once cry once type of person. 6390RDS might be overkill but probably one of best I can ask for.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice. I’ll just average Joe buy once cry once type of person. 6390RDS might be overkill but probably one of best I can ask for.
View Quote

@kukworld

Check OP Tactical when you are ready to pull the trigger. I think I paid right around $150 shipped with QLS fork included. If they show as in stock, you'll have it in hand on a few days vs. waiting for months if purchased through Safariland.

Edit:

Just checked and OP Tactical has them in stock.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.optactical.com/sa63.html

Attachment Attached File

https://www.optactical.com/sa63alsloduh1.html
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

@kukworld

Check OP Tactical when you are ready to pull the trigger. I think I paid right around $150 shipped with QLS fork included. If they show as in stock, you'll have it in hand on a few days vs. waiting for months if purchased through Safariland.

Edit:

Just checked and OP Tactical has them in stock.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/2021-07-22_13-46-53_png-2023894.JPG

https://www.optactical.com/sa63.html

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/309598/2021-07-22_13-50-22_png-2023895.JPG

https://www.optactical.com/sa63alsloduh1.html
View Quote

Thanks for the heads up. This is exactly what I need!

Upon browsing the store, I also found this

https://www.optactical.com/samo63alsmil.html

This might work as well. Quick question, does leg strap only works when you have QLS?

Also thinking to get the upgrade button

https://www.optactical.com/otdealsnubmo.html
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 12:45:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This might work as well. Quick question, does leg strap only works when you have QLS?

View Quote

@kukworld

1. If there is even a slight possibility of you getting a RMR in the future, don't buy a holster that can't accommodate one (the 6390 you linked to, isn't a RDS model).

2. You can get a leg strap to fit between a UBL and holster (sans QLS). If will ride sort of high but it is doable.

3. The Nub Mod is a must-have IMHO. It allows for my draw to be quicker/more smooth.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 2:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

@kukworld

1. If there is even a slight possibility of you getting a RMR in the future, don't buy a holster that can't accommodate one (the 6390 you linked to, isn't a RDS model).

2. You can get a leg strap to fit between a UBL and holster (sans QLS). If will ride sort of high but it is doable.

3. The Nub Mod is a must-have IMHO. It allows for my draw to be quicker/more smooth.
View Quote

Yeah, i do have RMR on the G45 right now. I will just go with RDS model.

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:08:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You probably don't need a leg strap if you're running a modern relatively stiff belt. A guy on reddit wrote a pretty good piece on them. You can find that here.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You probably don't need a leg strap if you're running a modern relatively stiff belt. A guy on reddit wrote a pretty good piece on them. You can find that here.
View Quote

I ordered AXL advance belt. Hopefully it will show up sometime soon
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top