Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2022 11:18:23 PM EDT
Is there an option out there for people who want window and door sensors, and a smart hub you can use to set the alarm from? Possibly including an app? I'm looking for something where I buy and maintain all the equipment myself and DO NOT have to pay a monthly fee. Just like my security cameras where I bought the equipment and can use the Reolink app anytime to check them. Does this exist and if so who has the best product? My search has left me finding only products that make you sign up for their monitoring service.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 11:24:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Any zwave or zigbee set should work. Smartthings is a hub and app you can use for notifications.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:38:11 PM EDT
[#3]
You can DIY and scale a Honeywell Vista 20P build and then use an EYEZ-ON board to access and self monitor via the internet. Lots of info out there on this setup.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Honeywell Vista 20P, a real alarm system, a system capable of meeting U.L. requirements for alarms.

Use with an Eyezon Envisalink board.

Check out Bounder97 on youtube (10 - 12 part Vista 20P series) or myalarmguy.net for the basics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top