Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 8:09:20 PM EDT
Was watching the sportsman channel (American Outdoor Brands show) and they had a demonstration of the new Frankford F10 ten stage progressive press.

There is virtually nothing online about this press.

A lot of online retailers already have the press listed, ranging from $500-650ish in price.

None of the listings appear to have pictures though and I can't find any YouTube videos.

This site has a rendering that looks somewhat like what the show had on it https://www.pewlifeaccessories.com/products/frankford-f10-progressive-press?variant=37362026086559

Some of the pros I can remember from the show:

1) has swaging!
2) first two stations can deprime as a backup (size/deprime in stage one, then universal deprime in stage two to make sure pocket is clear)
3) had an Hornady style powder measure with a safety feature that only charges with a case present and cannot rotate the case holder unless the PM is in the down position (prevents the PM from being stuck in up position and missing charges).

If anyone has any info about this press please post it up. It's supposed to be a direct competitor to the xl1050/xl1100 and the Mark 7 at about half the price.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:11:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's some pics I got from the show.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

They said summer 2021 release date.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't wait to see that one.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't wait to see that one.
View Quote

No joke.

Forgot to mention it functions like the 1050 where the dies move up/down to the cases rather than the cases moving up/down into the dies.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks solid.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:32:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Not sure I would trade my 650 but I like the looks of it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but my money is that it's made out of grade 3 Chineseum pot steel.  I'm assuming it's made in China (like the M press). I really hope it's solid because I would buy it just for case prep.

Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#7]
I would consider buying one as a case prep machine. Run your 223 and 9mm through it. Depriming, sweging, then size/trim. Use my 650 to load the sized brass on.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I would consider buying one as a case prep machine. Run your 223 and 9mm through it. Depriming, sweging, then size/trim. Use my 650 to load the sized brass on.
View Quote

Exactly what I want to do. Overkill to have 10 stations but seems like the cheapest factory-mounted swager.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 11:14:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly what I want to do. Overkill to have 10 stations but seems like the cheapest factory-mounted swager.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they make the swagger out of decent metal. Even the Dillon 1050’s have swagger issues, some makes swagger out of tool steel for the 1050.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 5:25:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I don't want to jump to conclusions, but my money is that it's made out of grade 3 Chineseum pot steel.  I'm assuming it's made in China (like the M press). I really hope it's solid because I would buy it just for case prep.

View Quote

Dillon has been really good to me over the last 20ish years. It would take an amazing machine to get me to swap. That said innovation in this area can be nothing but good for our hobby.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:17:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Please don’t be a piece of shit
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:20:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Well the price point and features with FA history.....................not so much!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well the price point and features with FA history.....................not so much!
View Quote

Depends... The FART is one of the most well built and thought out pieces of equipment there is for wet tumbling. I'll try not to cast judgment yet, I'm optimistic.

I think it would be cool if it had the Hornady quick change dies. Looks like those thread in like the redding T7 and 1050, which would make conversions a pita.

Honestly, I have no idea why they made it 10 dies. I can honestly say I've never needed more than 6 dies in a single reloading session. 10

Just give us a 6 station progressive with swaging and cut the price in half.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 4:43:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The best part of Dillon press ownership is quality and customer service.  Typically you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:08:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 12:38:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I like it.

Looks like someone could automate it quite easily if they wanted to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top