Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2017 7:47:20 PM EDT
I posted this over at FAL Files and got absolutely zero replies, I knew I should have asked at home first

Mods, honestly this is not a for sale post or an advert. I am very aware that selling outside the EE is verboten.  

A couple years ago I built a FrankenFAL, now I want to part ways with it for a new project (Semi belt fed) or just another factory rifle i will shoot. I have never been "into" collecting FAL's. I built this one just based on what I thought "My FAL" should be. Really I am just a weirdo who likes researching guns and the challenge of building rifles other than ARs and AKs (although I like those also, there is just no challenge.)

I am very humbly seeking opinions from those in the know theses rifles, what would be a fair price to ask? I am not looking to cut a fat hog I just really dont have a value because I paid for parts when they were available, cheap and supplied a good quantity of elbow grease on top of that.

With that said here are the details

G-1 kit from Sarco (all the furniture less the sling and PG was sold off)

Coonan Type 3 receiver (custom serial to the lower)

New chrome lined Argentine barrel from Sarco

Passed all Go/No Go/ Field gauge tests with the factory locking shoulder

Stoll type brake (not a flash suppressor)

New Israeli HB stock and handguard (correct gas tube spacers for the light barrel). The buttplate is a HB minus the hinged piece.

Ironwood (I think) Birch grip (only 3 applications of Tung oil in the photo, it has gotten better with age)

DSA extended selector which completely sucks for someone that shoots lefthanded like me. (factory grip and selector still present in addition to other small factory parts)

6 or 8 milsurp mags (varying MFG, the only one I know is Steyr w/ witness holes )

1977 SUIT Trilux and top cover and one of those super crappy LED illuminators from the late 1990s (got it off gunbroker as an assembly) I bought a new tritium holder and a tritium vial (I never got quite so far as to mount the vial into the holder)

I didnt refinish the small pieces E.G. cocking handle, front sling swivel, gas block and gas valve (it is a closed ear type) so the small parts are representative of the wear and patina of a G1 by-way of Turkey. I also never paid to have the HB stock inletted for the G1 sling swivel nor have I bought a HB swivel.

Exactly 10 rounds fired with South African surplus

Again I am not advertising, really I am begging for knowledge and educated opinions. I have an idea of where I want to go next but I am unsure if it is even worth selling to get me where I want to go. I dont need to sell it because (I think) it is kinda cool and I like the contrast of the wood in my safe against the black and blue but if I can move on to something cooler I wont be heartbroken to see it go.  

Link Posted: 10/31/2017 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#1]
800 to 1000
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 2:05:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
800 to 1000
View Quote
Really, thank you for responding!

It is too bad, I didnt want to part it out but for 800 I will buy a railed top cover and sell the SUIT separate.
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 5:22:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Kit guns are worth the sum of their parts.

Not knocking your rifle... all mine are built from kits too
Link Posted: 11/27/2017 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#4]
probably get more as a kit. Unless it was built by a reputable builder like ARS many people may shy away from it thinking it could be a headache waiting to happen.
Link Posted: 12/3/2017 5:43:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure like the rifle.   Wood looks good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top