Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2018 7:35:10 PM EDT
I just purchased a MAS 36. I dont know much about it so I need some help with info. First
All other mas 36 rifles have the serial number below the model number or on the rib near the stock. There is no serial number on the stock, trigger guard or the magwell. Could it be a low serial number "394"? I believe the wood is not original or is just stripped of finish.
Someone told me it was a resistance rifle and is not safe to shoot. He said the receiver was a rejected rec that is why there is no serial number(he also offered to buy it)
Any info would be great
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:13:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd ask the French rifle forum on gunboards.

I think these have been discussed before there and they are Training rifles not accepted into service ( no regular format serial # or firing/acceptance proofs ) and questionable as whether they were meant to be fired. .
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been waiting almost a week for the mods to accept me so I can post
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
MAS-36: The Backup Rifle is Called to Action
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Gunboards French forum is the place to go for sure, and I see you posted there...

If you go here,

http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?277276-COLLECTIVE-SURVEY-of-the-MAS-Mle-1936-Acceptance-and-Modification-Chronologies

To post #2, there is some discussion on the "sterile" examples....certainly interesting, but I'd look for another MAS to shoot....
Link Posted: 5/3/2018 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes I was finally approved by the admin.  I'm not going to shoot it most likely
Will sell it as soon as I can find out it's value
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
.ag
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 7:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Someone who collects MAS 36 variations would be interested even if not shootable.

Worth $400-500 .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top