Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/19/2020 11:29:18 PM EDT
Found an archived thread on them https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/Fort-Smith-primers/42-509850/ Anyone have any experience or opinions on them that might differ from the old thread.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I take it you saw where SPP are backorderable?

I haven’t heard a ton on them, but what I have heard has been negative.

Personally I’d not go for them but that’s just me. Nothing is more frustrating than chasing your tail trying to get a reliable recipe only to find you had inconsistent components.
Link Posted: 10/19/2020 11:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
That thread makes it seem promising.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 12:07:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I take it you saw where SPP are backorderable?

I haven’t heard a ton on them, but what I have heard has been negative.

Personally I’d not go for them but that’s just me. Nothing is more frustrating than chasing your tail trying to get a reliable recipe only to find you had inconsistent components.
View Quote

I know nothing about the distributor and have seen where backordering things go wrong real fast at other distributors when there's a demand like right now.  Kind of curious about them and didn't want to feel the wrath of Dryflash3 for getting off topic in the where to find thread.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:08:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 1:32:55 PM EDT
[#5]
They canceled my order “due to website error”.

I won’t consider ordering from them again.

ETA: Their website is still allowing backorders for the same primers.  It’s intentional and they don’t respond to my customer service emails.  Online reviews seem correct.
Link Posted: 10/20/2020 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#6]
The primers seem to get good reviews based on some threads on other forums.  My backorder was not canceled, doesn't bother me if they take months to ship.  I don't need them that badly.
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 3:18:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Now they’re out of stock and $450.

Are other people’s credit cards still pending?
Link Posted: 10/21/2020 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Now they’re out of stock and $450.

Are other people’s credit cards still pending?
View Quote

Mine is still pending. A local ham friend was also able to buy some thing morning. I am expecting a cancelation.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 9:08:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Mine is still pending also, haven't received a cancellation yet from Fed Arm. I don't mind waiting for a couple months , dealing with Fed Arm can't be any worse than trying to buy from the primer guy. The cheap price does seem to good to be true when everything else was listed at $450.00.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#10]
They work fine in my experience. Russian made Murom primers. I have been through about 3k of the SPP with no issues.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my cancelation order from fed arms.
Link Posted: 10/22/2020 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got my cancelation order from fed arms.
View Quote

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top