Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2021 10:58:24 AM EDT
How picky is the ATF about the pictures you submit with form 4?

I didn't have a white wall handy so I used an app the removes the background and replaces it with a white background, but on the state dept. website under passport photos it mentions no digitally altered photos.  Does this apply to the passport size photos submitted to the ATF?

It already takes long enough to get stamp back and I sure don't want to delay it any further.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I've used a solid gray cubicle wall the last 3 times
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#3]
@BigWaylon
That pic has gotten a LOT of mileage
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 12:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info, I think my photos will be fine then. I guess I was overthinking the photo requirements.
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 1:59:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/8/2021 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I send in selfies from my phone.  They dont care.  Just don't go out of your way trying to be silly or assholy.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 12:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
You can take the photos on the ss kiosks.  Mine faces the whole gun store so you would have have hundreds of guns in the background.  They arent as picky as the state department.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#8]
I have some roll brown paper taped up on the back of a door that I use for customers.  Take a pic, print out a page of them.
No issues so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top