Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2020 10:10:42 PM EDT
As the title says I received a letter saying my F4 was denied due to  an"open" NICS check.  I've had 14 NFA items all approved in the usual time frames over the last 5 years as well as having a valid LTC. I had one Form 4 submitted months after this one which was approved in 3 months - Jan 2020. I have 2 more pending, one at 475 days and another 51 days. I am pretty pissed as I was able to get my IHS in 30 seconds and have one damage to property misdemeanor under $500 from 2009, which is not a disqualifier and has never been an issue in over 25 NICS checks.

Anyone else had this happen, examiner said I'll have to sort it out with the FBI (they don't do shit) and resubmit and go to the back of the line.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#1]
FBI does not do shit huh? I had been denied on a 4473 since 2013. I sent documents and my fingerprints to the FBI criminal justice division this year, and exactly 30 days later I received a letter from the FBI stating that I was indeed eligible to possess and receive  a firearm. I ran to Acadamy and got my gun. The FBI is good in my book.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FBI does not do shit huh? I had been denied on a 4473 since 2013. I sent documents and my fingerprints to the FBI criminal justice division this year, and exactly 30 days later I received a letter from the FBI stating that I was indeed eligible to possess and receive  a firearm. I ran to Acadamy and got my gun. The FBI is good in my book.
View Quote

LOLOLOL
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

They already have my fingerprints clown. You'd know this if you ever submitted a Form 4.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:49:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Deleted...just stop.
Link Posted: 12/17/2020 10:56:04 PM EDT
[#5]
You're new so I'll help you out...  This isn't GD, cool it with the attitude the Mods will put you in time out...
Link Posted: 12/18/2020 9:11:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
As the title says I received a letter saying my F4 was denied due to  an"open" NICS check.  I've had 14 NFA items all approved in the usual time frames over the last 5 years as well as having a valid LTC. I had one Form 4 submitted months after this one which was approved in 3 months - Jan 2020. I have 2 more pending, one at 475 days and another 51 days. I am pretty pissed as I was able to get my IHS in 30 seconds and have one damage to property misdemeanor under $500 from 2009, which is not a disqualifier and has never been an issue in over 25 NICS checks.

Anyone else had this happen, examiner said I'll have to sort it out with the FBI (they don't do shit) and resubmit and go to the back of the line.
View Quote

If they claim it's "open", there usually was not a resolution to the charge or charges(probation, dismissal, etc.)What's weird is all of these approvals and then suddenly bam! No soup for you! If that charge can be expunged, I would do it asap. This way you know it was taken care of. It's an odd situation.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 7:28:41 PM EDT
[#8]
OP, you need to request your identity history from the FBI:
https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks
You can include the NTN (NICS Transaction Number) if the NFA branch gave you one in their letter.
Once you get your report, you can then try to fix/close "open" items at the appropriate agency.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top