Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2018 7:47:48 AM EDT
I was told that i put my full name in box 3b, example:
John Samuel Smith Jr. But then in box 4h i could just put John Smith and have that engraved, is that correct?
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Per the ATF section 7.4.2

“(3) The manufacturer’s name (or recognized abbreviation); and
(4) The city and State (or recognized abbreviation) where the manufacturer maintains its place of business.122”

Since you’re the maker, you would need to engrave your full name, city and state.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-chapter-7/download
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Just use John Smith everywhere
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just use John Smith everywhere
View Quote
Renegade, I’m sure you have more experience than I with this but the Form 1 instructions say “The applicant shall provide the applicant’s complete name and mailing address in item 3b.”

I would think that not using your full legal name could be grounds for a denial.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top