Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2017 1:06:10 AM EDT
Stoeger coach gun supreme w/ nickle barrels 12 gauge.

Is their a vendor i can mail the barrels too and tell them "cut them to 10" by mail?

With the stock...also...is the a vendor who can blue print the stock to make an additional pistol grip birds head?  
or convert my current wood stock to a pistol grip?
Would be nice to have two stocks, one pistol grip and one shoulder (for shooting clays and annoying fuds).

I'm trying to see if there's like a vendor to SBS, like there is ADCO to barrel cutting...

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Form 1 done or Form 1 approved?
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:13:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Should have been clearer.  Approved by eforms a few months ago.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I know from experience that Rose Action Sports will do the barrels for you.  He did mine.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:33:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RAS can definite handle the barrels.

I'm not clear on the stock/pistol grip. You currently have a stock? Can't you just keep it and buy a pistol grip?
View Quote

They are very difficult to find.

I got one from numrich's after buying a couple of them and it kinda fits.

The other ones I've tried don't fit.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 9:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Google "stock duplicating". There are many who can take your stock and make an exact duplicate.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
In for stock options, I have a Stoeger O/U i'll be needing to pistol grip the stock.

I tried to buy a replacement stock from Stoeger a few months ago incase I screwed up but they didn't offer it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for advice guys.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 10:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
This is who i was planning on going through. They have done quite a few. One of the guys is related to a well respected Arfcommer so that makes me feel better.
Southeast Arms

You can pretty much never go wrong with Rose Action Sports either but I have no idea if they do the stock modification.

Paladin Armory(or maybe it's Arms) has similar guns listed for years and I was told their work is decent as well.

Southeast makes you sign a waiver before they'll modify a 12ga. Apparently the brutal recoil had a few customers complaining. I want to do a 20ga first. Found a dirt cheap Ithaca with ejectors but don't know if it's worth putting any money into as it's really rough.
Link Posted: 3/3/2017 11:49:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Was going to call Southeast Arms today but the site is down, anyone know if they are still in business?

NVM, tried later today and the site was up.

I sent an email to see about chopping, welding, reworking the stock to pistol, shortening handguard and engraving trust info.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was going to call Southeast Arms today but the site is down, anyone know if they are still in business?

NVM, tried later today and the site was up.

I sent an email to see about chopping, welding, reworking the stock to pistol, shortening handguard and engraving trust info.
View Quote

How long are the barrels as it is in this pic?  

Thanks.....Pachucko
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:31:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Over 18.5" I don't remember I already cut them down to 11" for shipping to Southeast Arms next week after some parts I ordered arrive.

FYI to anyone thinking about using them, they also requested I chop the stock to about a 1/2" longer then finish.

They are going to
- Chop my barrels to 10.25"
- Thread for chokes (I may get a shotgun suppressor at some point so figured why not a canned single shot might be fun or stupid fun)
- Solder the end and touch up the blueing.
- Install a bead sight I provide.
- Reshape the HG and grip and re-checker if needed.

It's going to cost more then the SG cost

But i'll have it for the rest of my life so......WTH
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yes, they are still in business, and yes, AFAIK, they will convert yours (they are currently working on a new production run of 20-ga. Bear's Barks, so the timing is perfect if they can do yours at the same time).

Here is mine, the prototype, Bear's Bark SN 001:

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/DSC_01151.JPG
View Quote

Cool.

Emailed John last Friday and he said the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 11:04:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Over 18.5" I don't remember I already cut them down to 11" for shipping to Southeast Arms next week after some parts I ordered arrive.

FYI to anyone thinking about using them, they also requested I chop the stock to about a 1/2" longer then finish.

They are going to
- Thread for chokes (I may get a shotgun suppressor at some point so figured why not a canned single shot might be fun or stupid fun)

View Quote

For those wondering the price range I emailed them for a quote on mine and it was between $350-450 using your gun and depending on if you get the barrels choked.

I don't need them choked so I'm definitely considering having them do mine.
Link Posted: 3/11/2017 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

For those wondering the price range I emailed them for a quote on mine and it was between $350-450 using your gun and depending on if you get the barrels choked.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are going to

I didn't know If I should say what the cost was, but my quote was way more then that (if you are saying $450.00 is for everything I listed).
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 12:46:40 AM EDT
[#17]
Mine was a personalized quote perhaps? Not trying to throw the thread off topic so I'll shoot you a PM.

Obviously if anyone else wants a quote from them they should contact them directly...as there may be a discrepancy in my numbers due to what exactly I requested to get done.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Did Southeast Arms go out of business?

They've had my SBS since early March and I emailed for a status on May 31st with no reply. I called that day and talked to John Krzczuk and he said they moved but would be finishing my SBS up in a week or 2.

Called today and the number is not in service?

Edit: Just got an email saying they had troubles with the move (ATF) and the gunsmith quit during that time.

Some of the stuff I paid for won't be getting done and should be mailed back to me soon with a refund for the work not completed.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 12:04:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Did Southeast Arms go out of business?

They've had my SBS since early March and I emailed for a status on May 31st with no reply. I called that day and talked to John Krzczuk and he said they moved but would be finishing my SBS up in a week or 2.

Called today and the number is not in service?

Edit: Just got an email saying they had troubles with the move (ATF) and the gunsmith quit during that time.

Some of the stuff I paid for won't be getting done and should be mailed back to me soon with a refund for the work not completed.
View Quote
That is NOT good.

I cut mine down myself. It turned out ok.
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 9:28:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Look at Gary's Bunker. www.garysbunker.com. I don't know what his prices are, but he does barrels, grips, and all.

I can also 2nd Steve Rose at Rose Action Sports. He did an A5 SBS for me and the work was top notch. Pretty sure he doesn't do woodwork though.
Link Posted: 8/10/2017 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Mine looks like it is coming, I got a few pics of the work so far.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Almost 2 MORE MONTHS and southeast has gone radio silent again. Email sent last week was never answered and I have no idea what's going on with my SBS
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Rose Action Sports.  @guncat here on ARF.

Great work, reasonable prices, quick turnaround.
Link Posted: 10/3/2017 8:04:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Rose Action Sports.  @guncat here on ARF.

Great work, reasonable prices, quick turnaround.
View Quote
Rose did work on my 870 SBS but he didn't offer woodworking so that is why I used Southeast but now i'm worried I won't get my over-under back
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top